Morghon Vīlībāzma-Death Match

Head held high, her signature spear in hand, she stood on one of the islands to the South East as the sun began to rise behind her. The island that Tekina had proposed to her six months ago. She sighed irritably.

"Look alive Your Majesty. Here comes the King." Takeru's voice echoed from the depths of the waters around her.

Illya. "I hope the others are ready," she whispered.

"They're ready Your Majesty. We've been planning this for months. For better or worse, we're behind you in this," he reassured.

Illya smirked. "Alright. It's show time."

She watched as Sana glided through the air. He stopped a little distance away from her, but he didn't come down. She assumed his use of levitation magic was to make sure there was enough distance between them so she couldn't try anything funny. A futile precaution in her opinion as she was more than happy to javelin her spear into his throat and he wouldn't be able to stop it.

"Illya! It's been quite some time since we've last seen each other." He spoke with open arms.

"Indeed it has."

"How's my little spy doing these days?"

"Very well. Though you can hardly call him yours anymore since he carries my insignia now." She smiled.

"I have to admit. It was quite cunning of you to whisk away my only link to Aruma An."

"Oh, I didn't do anything. Tobi left of his own volition."

Sana would be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little irked by that fact, but he had bigger things on his mind and with his power, he was sure he would find another way to the ancient land. After all, he was a man that was absolutely sure he wouldn't let anything stand in his way.

"Why don't we cut the idle chit chat and get right to the point? You know why I'm here. At least I assume you do and that's why you're so on guard. But I can assure you that if you're cooperative then we won't have to resort to any drastic measures."

Illya rolled her eyes."So you're saying you want me to willingly give my shi, the lifeblood of my power, to you so you can selfishly destroy the flow of the universe as you please?"

Illya was running out of what little patience shall had. She knew that this little meeting would end with battle and she'd much prefer to get it over with as soon as possible. She has no idea why he was trying to stall for time like this but she knew that whatever it was, it was in no way good. Sana shook his head.

"Illya, please. I want much more than just your power. I want you as well! Leave this place behind! Become my Empress! Together we can bring about a new age for the world, for the universe even!"

Illya scoffed in disgust. "I don't think so. Asking me to be your Empress after I've refused so many times before is the highest level of disrespect you could have possibly mustered towards my family. Besides, how stupid do you think I am? I know your sweet words are but a pretext to mask your hidden motives. Do you think I'm my sister? Did you think I'd forget all the horrible things you've done against my Haan brothers and sisters?"

Sana recoiled, he fell silent with a sigh. Years prior to this, Sana had caught the eye of Illya's eighth sister back in the Haan Empire. The Haan Empire was a prosperous and extremely strong empire. It was an Empire that hailed from her mother's side of the family, consisting of descendants of the much revered dragon god Yuumei, Illya's grandfather. In true dragon fashion, the imperial family was fierce, ruthless and very prideful. Of the imperial family, only four were renowned for their benevolence an power.

Enmei Haan was the eldest brother and Emperor. He was a strict fellow that loved war struck fear into many hearts, but in contrast to his tyrannical public image, he always showed loyalty and love towards his family. Meiyuu Haan was head of the intelligence unit, a bright mind that liked to laze around and take care of the birds. The third brother was Mei Hua Haan, a ferocious general in the Army that was known for having many "outcasts" and "misfits" even those who were disfigured, in his court. He was well known for his fits of psychotic rage during battle. Finally, there was the eighth Princess, Li Mei. She was a sweet, innocent girl but she was definitely not to be trifled with. She was prone to intense moods that was reflected heavily in her fighting style.

Each of them had gained their popularity due to the fact that they were contracted with spiritual beings from Aruma An that gave them power during battle, a feat that not many could accomplish. Illya had worked very hard to become the second female general. Learning trivial rules like a more strict dictation of posture, speech, conduct, customs and even down to what expression to make in front of the people. She had become a Haan General at the ripe age of fifteen, earning the attention of many people, despite her brother Mei Hua becoming a general at the age of thirteen.

Because she was no longer a normal Haan princess, after making a contract with her Arunian spirit, she was granted permission to sit and be with the other four during social gatherings. This meant she was interacting with them much more outside of social gatherings too and as a result, she was often taken to other countries for diplomatic quests. It was during this time that she met with Sana. She didn't like him from the moment she set eyes on him, her sister Li Mei however, had a reaction completely opposite to that of Illya's. 

Li Mei was completely smitten with the Sindarian King. He didn't seem to pay her much mind and spent many of his interactions with the Haan's, trying to engage Illya in conversation. One day, Li Mei and Sana found themselves having a duel in which Sana came out victorious. He too had several contracts with strong Arunian spirits and used one of their powers to deliver an ear shattering screech which rendered her immobile as she covered her ears in pain.

Nobody would have even thought that this innocent match would be what inevitably caused the destruction of the Haan Empire.