Pryjagon-Fracture

Dez stumbled over to the door, laughing and swinging a bottle around. "HA! Think a...think again before ya...challenge me next time..lil...little boy! HA!"

In her drunken state, she didn't notice the man standing just outside of the bar. As she exited, she stumbled forward and ran into him. He caught her and steadied her."You...you're that pirate that the Queen took a liking to right?"

She looked up and squinted, trying to make out who it was. Nikiro held her up worriedly.

"Um...are you....drunk?"

Dez growled and threw her hands up. "I'm not drunk! He's drunk!"

She pointed inside. Nikiro peeked around the corner and spotted Sin hunched over the bar. He looked back at Dez and sighed. "Do you um...need help getting back?"

Just as he said that, Ri-is and Yukimi approached. "Oh! Aren't you the researcher's son?"

"Ah. Yes. My name's Nikiro. Sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself sooner."

"Oh don't mention it. Sin told us a lot about you!" Ri-is smiled. "Are you exploring the village too? I was just showing Yukimi around."

Nikiro glanced over at Yukimi, who timidly hid behind Ri-is. "Yeah actually. Um I ran into...her...I think she's a bit drunk."

Yukimi peered around Ri-is and looked at Dez. "I can help! Leave her to me!" Yukimi went up to Dez and tugged gently on her. Being drunk, she wasn't able to resist and threw all of her weight onto the petite girl.

Ri-is pointed down the street. "follow me. I know where we can take her." Yukimi helped Dez down the steps and followed Ri-is down the bustling street. Nikiro watched them disappear around the corner, making sure they got down the street safe, before walking into the pub to take care of Sin.

Sin had his head on the bar and wasn't really drinking anymore.

"Are you okay?" Nikiro asked softly.

Sin sighed. "I'm....great!" Sin sat up and hopped off the chair.

"I don't know about that. You don't look so hot there Mr. Soldier," joked Nikiro.

Sin responded by striking a dramatic pose. "Oh please. I'm bloody gorgeous!"

Nikiro chuckled. "Well at least your still sober enough to gloat...why are you trying to get drunk."

Sin was silent for a moment. He slumped back down onto the chair and began to talk.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Jin had slapped Illya so hard that there was an audible snap. His rage was soon replaced with such an intense burst of pain he thought he was dying for a moment. He glanced down at his hand and realized that it was the sound of his wrist snapping.

"Don't you dare touch me again," spat Illya.

He immediately retreated to the other platform, where he held his wrist, bitting back cries of pain.

"ARE YOU CRAZY! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT! THAT'S NOT HOW YOU TREAT A LOVER!"

Illya didn't respond. Just like when he held her captive, he began his tirade of arguments about why he was right and she was somehow in the wrong. He was so thoroughly deluded that she could never reason with him. So, while he screamed and berated her she charged. In a flash she was in front of him. She rammed her fist into his stomach. He didn't flinch, but his demeanor changed again.

"Now now...I understand that you must be surprised to see me. It's okay. I understand so I'll forgive you."

She grimaced. There he goes again. That delusional rambling, she thought to herself bitterly.

He grabbed her shoulders, causing her to flinch. Despite being an apparition, his hands felt awfully real. The loud pounding of her own heart rung in her ears as he laid his hands on her again. She could feel herself struggling to catch her breath. Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead and she could feel that familiar nauseating sensation again. It had been many, many years since she had last seen his face and yet the fact that he was still able to stir such a reaction from her frustrated her immensely. She could still feel all he had done to her, not in her heart but in her body. Like it was engraved in her. Like a scar she couldn't quite see but she knew would always be there. Her racing thoughts came to an abrupt halt the second she heard him speak again.

"Now come here. I heard you got married. What a joke. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding."

Illya felt her chest swell with frustration, yet she remained silent. She knew more than anyone that this man wouldn't listen to

"The only one you could sincerely love is me! I'm sure it was against your will." He concluded.

Illya took a deep breath, willing her shaky knees into some kind of stillness. She knew it was impossible to argue with someone this far gone. Her heart was pounding so hard that at some point his words drowned into the sound of her rapid heartbeat. It bombarded her senses, causing her to stumble back.

"Shut...up."

Jin let his hands travel down so he could hold hers, never once breaking contact with her. "It's alright. Now that we're together again, you can stay here, with me. You don't have to go back."

His eyes began to glow blue and Jin's features began to slowly fade into the darkness. Her body became limp as she struggled to shake off the effects of the void. ".....no....."

Jin's distorted smile faded into a frown. "What do you mean no?...WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?" He hollered.

She yanked herself away from him and stumbled over to the entrance to the other room. She began to vehemently slash at the runes in a desperate attempt to escape. He watched her in shock. His figure disappeared and then reappeared behind her, violently turning her around.

"What are you doing? Don't leave! DON'T LEAVE! I'LL DIE IF YOU LEAVE! I NEED YOU! Come back Illya. I promise to treat you better." He cried.

She watched him sob in front of her. Illya could feel the cold air, piercing her body. The darkness crept up, the more she felt her hatred rise and soon the room was fading to black.

"Fine....I'll stay with you." She whispered.

Jin stopped crying and smiled.

"That's grea-"

She looked him dead in the eyes, her eyes devoid of all emotion. Her gaze didn't even hold the slightest trace of hatred. It was just...dead. The darkness had stopped growing and seemed to freeze along with the room. The loud pounding of her heart stopped and for a moment there was silence. Jin's face contorted into utter hysteria.

More memories and a voice from the depths echoed off the walls. Memories of pain and sorrow...

"He hurt you, he betrayed you."

Memories of the man who saved her...

"It was pity. He saved you to make himself look good."

Memories of learning to walk and talk again...

"You struggled so hard because you knew they would abandon you for being useless. You were an eyesore."

Memories of learning to trust again...

"You can't trust anyone. They're all out for themselves. That's why you will always get betrayed."

Memories of learning to love again...

"HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU! NO ONE LOVES YOU!"

Memories of joy and happiness...

"LIES LIES LIES! IT'S ALL A LIE!"

Amidst the now wailing voice, a single, gentle one emerged.

"Come back soon."

A smile graced her lips upon remembering her husbands words. "I will." She whispered.