Arlie Raqiros-Budding Friendship

They returned to the palace and Seibel showed Tekina and Kaito to their room. Once inside, they noticed that Ein was bringing luggage into the room. He closed his portal and stood by the neatly arranged pieces of luggage.

"I...brought...your stuff, " he said quietly.

The way he timidly pointed to the luggage made him seem like a meek child. The two thanked him and Ein scurried off to find Illya. Kaito dropped onto the bed, a long sigh heaving from his chest as he flopped onto it.

"What a day."

Tekina laughed weakly. "Yeah...I told you she wasn't so bad."

"I still think she's crazy...just...fine you win. She's not so bad." He huffed as he propped himself up on one elbow.

She smiled and began to sort through her things. "This...is going to be a big adjustment...I wonder how Nikiro is doing."

"I'm sure he's fine. We've raised him well enough. He knows how to manage on his own. Besides, he'll be here before you know it."

"Yeah...but..." Her voice trailed off.

Kaito stared worriedly at her for a moment before an idea popped into his head."You know what. It's been a stressful day for the both of us...so why don't you come here so I can help you unwind!" He grinned as he patted the bed.

Tekina regained her composure almost immediately and before he knew it, Kaito was met with a pillow to the face. She continued using her telekinesis to bombard him with cushions, resulting in him toppling off the bed.

"A simple 'no' would have done!" He groaned as he got up.

Tekina opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a knock on the door. Tekina stood up and opened the door slightly, she cautiously peeked around the door but relaxed when she noticed that young boy was standing in front of it. His hair was that of golden strands of light and at the ends were the cool caress of violet fields.

"The whole palace is buzzing about the two foreign scientists that came to stay with us. I came to see what all the fuss was about...not much apparently."

That last part was almost inaudible. Tekina shrugged it off. "The whole palace huh? Well, news sure travels fast here. I'm-"

"I know who you are." The boy interrupted.

Kaito pushed himself off the floor and stumbled over to the door that Tekina had now fully opened. He leaned against the frame behind her.

"You're real snappy for such a little guy." He teased.

The boy scowled. Tekina sighed. "So...who exactly are you?"

The boy placed a hand on his hip. "Ugh. Can't you tell? I'm Avarice. I'm the idiot Queen's fourth son."

"Idiot Queen? I'm guessing you don't like your mom very much?" Kaito stated.

"Wow, how'd you figure that one out!" Avarice remarked sarcastically.

"We're having breakfast together. Luke will come to get you in the morning. He's a tall guy with dead eyes and long silver-blueish hair."

With that said Avarice sauntered down the hall and around the corner. Once he was out of Sight Tekina closed the door. She sighed and rubbed her head. What a long day it had been for the pair. They were almost killed, served lunch by the woman who almost killed them, then offered a place to stay with more than a few questionable residents. Deciding to sleep it off, they hopped into bed and before they knew it they drifted off into a well deserved, deep slumber.