Chapter 33: the true meaning of soulmates

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~
Third POV

Ben wakes up, groaning in pain.
Everything hurts.
He sees the mountain above him.
'This really happened' he thought, 'I can't believe it'
"Agh...I can't, I can't move" he whispered, his first words being horse.
He looks around on the ground, moving his head as slowly as he can.
He was surrounded by blood, making the white snow shine brighter than before.
Ben looked onto his chest and noticed a knife right in the middle of his chest.
'...She must have stabbed me before I fell' Ben thought sadly.
Ben slowly and painfully grabbed the knife on his chest.
'If I'm going to move, I need to get it out of my chest' he thought.
'Three'
He grabbed the knife tighter.
'Two'
Ben closed his eyes.
'One!'
Ben pulls the knife of his body, yelling in pain as the knife left his body.
The knife fell next to him.
Ben already felt the blood come out the wound and his vision getting blurry.
He tried to get up but couldn't move.
It was like he was frozen.
"I need to get up...IT HURTS...I can't do it...but I can't die here"

~Ben sighed, sitting on his bed.
His father walked in, looking angry.
"Why would you get angry like that?" He snapped.
"I don't know, I couldn't control it" Ben whispered.
"You should have done better!" Ben's father yelled and then sighed "I should have kept you isolated, then none of this would have happened-"
"You can't protect me or anyone from something I can't control!" Ben said.
"Your emotions is the key thing to your curse; anything out of the ordinary if trigger it; Ben, we talked about this" Ben's father said.
"I know" Ben said "But it was just a little argue-"
"That 'little argument' could have made you a beast forever, you're lucky your eyes didn't turn green" Ben's father said "From now now, you will be followed by a body guard to keep your emotions into check"
Ben stood up, angry.
"What about my friends?" Ben asked "What if I wanted a date with Mal or-"
"That girl will only make it worse" Ben's father snapped "She is the daughter of that person who cursed you!"
"She is not like her mother!" Ben said.
"I will no have another word of it, if you can't control your emotions then you're better off being alone"~

"I don;t want to be alone" Ben whispered.
Ben took a deep breath and he tried to pull himself up.
He pushes himself up, getting his upper body of the ground.

~~~~~~

Harriet ran around the mountain, trying to find Ben in the snow storm.
She stopped, out of breath.
"This can't be happening, Ben can't be dead, he can't be....I need to get back to the lodge, Maleficent could be in trouble"
Harriet starts to run back to the lodge.
She wouldn't normally help Maleficent of all the people, especially in what she did to Mal.
But she's human now.
And she needs all the help she can get.

~~~~~~~

Groaning in pain, Ben falls back onto the ground, breathing heavily.
He knows he's got bone broken and his bleeding isn't stopping, but he needs to save his friends.
He has the option to give up.
"The Ben I remember won't allow a minor setback to hold him back, even when everything was loss, you pressed on"

"A MINOR SETBACK? THE WOMEN I LOVE IS IN DANGER AND YOU CALL IT A MINOR SETBACK?!?"

"Look at you Ben! Where are you now? No friends to help you! Why didn't you bring your friends here? They don't even trust you anymore"

"That girl really hurt you, more ways than one"

"Listen to a coward? You always think you know what's best for me.."

"Maybe you should, afterall, the women you loved caused this"

Ben coughs, causing his ribs to ache.
"No more secrets, not anymore" Ben whispered, trying to get up again.

~"Ben...Do you really love me?"
"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?"
"Because I'm the daughter of the evilest villain and I always make mistakes"
"It doesn't matter who your parent is, it is up to you to create your own destiny. Most of Auradon loves you Mal, don't doubt yourself"
Mal chuckles.
"Thank you Ben, that cleared my head...you know I would do anything to save you right?"
"Yes, I know you will and I promise to do the same for you...I will love you no matter what happens"
"...thanks Ben"~

The memory filled Ben with determination.
"I WILL NOT GIVE UP!" He yelled.
And with one painful movement, Ben stood up with one go.
All of his anger throughout the years from protecting his secret from everyone is coming out.
All the anger of what Anthony is doing.
Ben narrowed his eyes, making them turn emerald green.
"I am going to get you back Mal" Ben said.
Ben rips the red jumper he is wearing into shreds.
He took a long shred and covered it over his eyes like a bandana as he knows with how power his eyes are he would hurt someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Harriet is at the lodge, pacing frantically.
"What do I do? What do i do? What do i do? Ben's death, Mal, CJ and Carlos are mind control- i need to go back, i need to-"
Doors slams open, making her stop.
She turned to see a very injured Ben.
Scars and blood covered his body, his blood stained top covering his chest and a red bandana covering his eyes.
"What...Ben?" Harriet echoed, shocked.
"I'm alive" Ben said in a low voice.
"Why are you wearing that over your face? Nothing is wrong with your eyes right?" Harriet frantically asked, rushing over to him.
"I'm fine" he whispered.
Harriet gave him a look, knowing he's not alright.
"Ben, you're not okay, you just fell off of a cliff with a stab-"
Ben takes out an emerald which was glowing with power, making Harriet gasp.
"I found it on the way here, buried in the snow, we can save the others" Ben said.
"Carlos, CJ, Mal. Anthony has them. We need to go back!" Harriet said quickly.
Ben growled like an animal.
"Leave Anthony to me" he snarled.