Chapter 26: The next victim

Third POV

Everyone ran to the spot Jay said that Carlos disappeared from.
The Library.
The Librarian, who was about to close up the library, was startled when a group of people were sprinting to her doors.
"You're not allowed in, I'm sorry I'm about to close up" the Librarian said, still not having seen Fairy Godmother yet.
Her head was covered with a bandage from when Mal attacked yesterday, the bags under her eyes noticeable.
"We won't be too long, I can lock up after" Fairy Godmother said as she walked past the others.
The Librarian bowed and nodded, quickly unlocking the doors again.
"May I at lest ask what you are doing?" She asked.
"We're trying to save Auradon" Anthony said as he walked in.
The Librarian had a panicked look on her face as she walked away.
She hopes she doesn't lose her job!

"So...where was it you saw Carlos disappear?" Fairy Godmother asked, turning on the lights in the creepy old library.
"Next to the study area over there" Jay said, pointing to the group of tables.
"I can see" Fairy Godmother said, seeing the burnt carpet.
She waved her hand, making her look confused.
"Weird, no clear trace but it's definitely a everlasting potion" she said.
"So...ca you trace him?" Jane asked.
Her mother shook her head.
"Unfortunately I cannot, it is very powerful magic" Fairy Godmother said "The only other way we could is the soulmate connection"
Everyone looked at either Jane or Jay.
"We can't even touch the link without feeling the darkness of the potion mother, we could go under it ourselves if we're not careful" Jane said.
Fairy Godmother sighed.
"Everyone rest up, Jay, Jane, come with me" Fairy Godmother said, making everyone walk off, no one noticing someone with abnormally green eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Now" Fairy Godmother said, back at her office "Can you explain the link for me?"
Jane and Jay sat uncomfortably on the chairs in front of her desk.
"It's hard to explain" Jay said "It's like a normal link...but different"
"I think what Jay is trying to say is that we know is that link is there, but we can't touch it" Jane explained.
Fairy Godmother looked at her daughter with confusion.
"Can't touch it?" Fairy Godmother repeated.
Jane nodded.
"It's like a wall is stopping us, or a poisonous dark cloud is blocking us from contacting or even feeling their emotions" Jane said.
"What happens if you try to touch it?" Fairy Godmother asked.
Jay's eyes closed for a second before revealing a tint a green in his eye before disappearing.
Fairy Godmother widen her eyes.
"What did you just do?" She asked.
"I tried to call to out Carlos and tried to go through the cloud" Jay answered.
"So you can easily be effected by the potion as they are if we're not careful" Fairy Godmother said slowly.
Both Jay and Jane nodded.
"Does it hurt you at all?" Fairy Godmother asked.
They both shook their heads.
"It depends if we try to call our soulmates or even mention them in our head, we get a small sharp pain in our head for a second" Jane said, looking at Jay for clarification.
Jay nodded.
"This potion is more dangerous than we thought, if the person behind this ever found out about it, they would get one soulmate and they could corrupt the other. Be very cautious and don't tell anyone other than me what happens okay?" Fairy Godmother said.
Jane's face looked dazed, which confused Fairy Godmother.
"Jane? Are you okay?"

Jane's POV

I looked around.
Where am I?
I was just in my mother's office and now I'm in a...black cloud?
"Join us Jane"
I whipped my head around, trying to find the voice.
"Mal?" I asked "What are you-"
"This power is amazing and my love won't hurt you" she said.
"I would consider it the slightest if you tell me who your new 'love' is" Jane demanded.
"Oh, little Jane has some attitude now?"
I turned around to see Mal, wearing a black dress, her green eyes glowing.
The weird looking smile on her face never left her face as she walked towards me.
"Let me help you Mal, I can get you out of here" I exclaimed "We can fix this together if only you help me"
Mal laughed.
"My love will never leave me, he's been with me since the Isle" Mal said.
"He hasn't! He's altered your memories! Mal please, fight it! Please!" I pleaded as she was right in front of me.
"You know, if you joined me, this would have been way easier" Mal said "My love's brother wouldn't have to get my sister-in-law from her hell"
I widen my eyes.
"Who is Carlos getting?" I asked "Mal, you know this isn't-"
"This is right, my love said this will fix everything and we will live happily ever after" Mal said and then stared at me "It will be okay though, since you will be joining us"
She touched my forehead, a sudden pain going through my body.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Third POV- Fairy godmother's office.

Fairy Godmother and Jay moved away from the dazed Jane as she screamed, startling them.
"Jane? Wake up!" Jay yelled, shaking Jane.
Jane's closed eyes snapped open to reveal her blue eyes flickering green.
Fairy Godmother gasped.
"All no, Mal's trying to get to her through the soulmate link" she whispered.
"Jane, snap out if it" Jay said.
"She's fighting it, she will be okay" Fairy Godmother said "Otherwise her eyes would be green by now"
As soon as Fairy Godmother said that, Jane's movement became less violent and her eyes stopped flickering, returning to her normal blue.
Jane gasped, breathing heavily as she finally started to blink violently.
"Mal, she tried to-"
"Calm down darling, it's okay" Fairy Godmother said, hugging her daughter "You can tell me after you've rested"
Fairy Godmother turned to Jay.
"Get some sleep, you need it" she said, making him nod.
"Get me if you need me" Jay said.
She nodded as he started walk out her office.
"Wait!"
Jay turned around.
Fairy Godmother flicked her hand and a bracelet formed in her hand.
She gave him a small bracelet, which was a simple silver chain with a wand charm on it.
"If anything like what happened to Jane happens to you, pull on the wand charm and I will be there immediately" Fair Godmother explained "It charmed it so it should work in dreams and in your head as well"
He nodded.
"Thank you" he said and walked out the office, closing the door.
"Now, you can come with me" Fairy Godmother said, helping Jane stand up.
Jane looked exhausted, looking like she ran a marathon.
Her eyes were droopy, struggling to keep away.
"Thanks mum" she whispered as Fairy Godmother walked out of her office.

"While we walk, do you want to talk about it?" Fairy Godmother asked as they started to walk down the dark halls of the school.
Jane sighed.
"It was Mal...somehow she knew about the controlling through soulmates, and tried to convince me. I said no, only for information about who's doing this" Jane explained "And then...she was saying how Carlos was finding someone to control and-"
"Wait, did you say 'control'?" Fair Godmother asked as she opened the door to her dorm.
"I fear we might be too late, someone else has been controlled" Jane said as Fairy Godmother  put her daughter on her own bed "Before I woke up again into reality, she said 'it is complete, well done Carlos'"
Fairy Godmother sighed.
"We would have to deal with it in the morning love, you're too tried to stay up any earlier...is there anything else you need to tell me before you sleep?" Fairy Godmother asked.
Jane shook her head.
"Not that I can remember" she whispered.
Fairy Godmother nodded and kissed her daughter's forehead.
"Goodnight my daughter" Fairy Godmother whispered as her daughter feel asleep.

As soon as that happened there was a knock at her door.
Fairy Godmother sighed and opened it to reveal a very distressed Chad.
"CJ! She's been controlled! Her eyes are green!" Chad said, stressed.
She sighed.
"Lead me to her" she sighed.
This is going to be a long night.