Chapter 33: the true meaning of soulmates

Unknown POV
I groaned, opening my eyes to notice my surroundings to be different.
Where am I?
What happened?
Why am I hurting so much?
Everything hurts.
I noticed a was in a small wooden hut, with a white hooded person in the kitchen.
"Hello?" I asked, trying to get their attention.
They turned around, the hood having a shadow on their face.
"Looks like you're awake" they said, their voice male.
"Where am I?" I asked, trying to get up.
"Don't worry, you're safe here, nothing here will hurt you" the male said.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"An old friend, you always mange to get yourself into trouble every once and a while" the male said.
I groaned as a sudden shot of pain go through my body.
"Am I-"
"Well, yes, and no" male voice said, cutting me off.
Silence was between us.
"That girl really hurt you, more ways than one" the male whispered.
I started to breath heavily as the memory came back.
"Listen to a coward? You always think you know what's best for me"
It made me shot up.
"The reason I even talked to you...is because I felt sorry for you! A sad little boy, with no friends you can relate to"
"I'm guessing death was the easy part. Her words pierced your heart, didn't they?" The male said.
"You...NEVER...Made me happy..."
I started to sob.
"That all happened, didn't it? I fell" I said, my voice cracking.
The nodded man nodded.
"She had a knife...and forced me to that ledge" I whispered and then I smacked my hand on the bedside table in anger and then yelled "I should have given the crown to him, I should have done what he said"
"You doubt yourself?" The male asked.
I look at him
"Of course I do, I failed. I would have done anything for her and i froze" I whispered.
"You couldn't stand anyone finding out what you really are, it had you frightened of people abandoning you because of your ability" the male said.
"...Everything she said was true; all my life I tried to escape it, tried to ignore it. But I had to keep it a secret, I was a danger to everyone; a monster" I admitted, looking down.
I am a monster.
"You will never be able to open yourself up if you're scared of what you are" the male said.
"I know" I replied.
"Ben, you need to accept who you are, only then will everything fall into place...it's a shame, you weren't the Ben I once knew" the male said.
"Uh?" I asked, confused.
"The Ben I remember won't allow a minor setback to hold him back, even when everything was loss, you pressed on" the male said.
"A MINOR SETBACK?THE WOMEN I LOVE IS IN DANGER AND YOU CALL IT A MINOR SETBACK?!?" I yelled.
"Yes, she is in danger, being near death almost made you forget the whole picture; your love is in danger as much as Carlos and CJ. Harriet is worried sick about you and fears you're dead and Jane and Jay are still missing in action...these are the people you care and love, so are you going to just give up and forget?" The male said in a strong, determined voice.
"I-"
"Maybe you should, afterall, the women you loved caused this" the male said.
"NO! She would never do this, this was never her fault. I would never leave her to suffer like this! I Will never give up on her, I will do anything to keep her safe" I said, standing up.
Mal didn't mean it.

"You've always have kept her and many of your friends safe, that is one of your traits...do you want to go back?" The male asked.
"Of course I do, Mal, Harriet, CJ, Carlos, Jay, Jane...they might not know everything about me but they've always been there for me and they're the closest thing to family I have, I will not let him have them!" I exclaimed.
"Ha...there's the man I knew, alright then. I'll help you" the male said.
I looked at him surprised.
"What?" I asked.
"If you truely determined to keep your family safe,i can help you escape death, but from there, it is up to you to control" the male said, turning back around.
"Am I...dead?" I asked.
"If you stay here, you will be. When you walk through those doors, you will wake up" the male said.
I walked towards the wooden doors but stopped before opening them.
I turned back to the hooded male.
"You...never told me who you were" I said,
"Just...a guardian. Now go, before i change my mind" the male said.
"Thank you" I said and walked out the door.