Chaper 5: I will always love you

~2 hours later (sunset)~

Ben's POV

Mal hasn't come back, leaving me to worry.
Did I push it too far by the comment about the curses?
I assume that it would be a sensitive subject but what I can't believe is that MY father put it on them.
I sighed, finally finished reading 'The history of the Isle: villain style'.
"Ben, don't threat, Mal normally wonders off, she'll come back soon if we're lucky" Harry said.
I looked at him and noticed his expression on his face.
"It happened to you?" I asked.
He sighed and sat on his bed.
Uma left a while ago to go to work for a night shift.
"Yeah, when we were both younger, she stayed here a lot to get away from her mother" Harry said, looking through his window which showed the sunset "Then if we had an argument, she would run off for a breather and then she would come back that night or the next morning"
"Wait why wouldn't she stay with her mother?" I asked.
"Ben, our parents aren't like...your parents, all of our parents don't give love and support" Harry said "Mal's was the worst because her mother was set on getting out of here...it's best not to ask about it"
I nodded.
We sat silently.

"Was there...any other questions you wanted to ask about the Isle?" Harry asked awkwardly.
"...yeah" I said awkwardly "Heaps, but-"
"Go ahead" Harry said "I won't lie"
"...I saw that...relationships is different is" I said, making Harry frowned.
"I had a relationship once" Harry said "We were like best friends, the power couple, always had each other's back. I would tease her and flirt...but we didn't know what love was since our parents would never of dreamed to tell us; it would make us weak"
"What happened?" I asked.
Harry flinched.
"I did something really stupid, like really stupid. And she never talked to me again" Harry said.
He sighed when he noticed my blank look.
"I...used her curse against her and she didn't like that" Harry said "Her older brother found out and wow, let's just say I nearly died...but I deserved it"
I walked to him and sat next to him.
"Hey, don't blame yourself" I said "Yes, you hurt her but it was an accident. I am sure there would have been another reason why she left you"
Harry looked down.
"I mean, we talk now...I'm trying to build a friendly relationship with her but it would be hard since shes never around" he said, making me freeze.
Evie once mentioned when we were on the Isle there was one other time Mal broke her walls for a guy and he broke her, leaving her to be cold and harsh until she came to Auradon.
"Can I ask who it was?" I asked.
Harry looked at me, looking like he doesn't want to say it.
"...Mal" he muttered.

Evie's POV
I sighed as I finally finished Ben's work.
I'm happy they went on a date but seriously, leaving me with unfinished work?!?!
Thanks Ben.
I walked out his office only to be rapped around the waist.
I smiled.
"Hello milady" I heard Doug whisper in my ear.
"Hey Doug" I said "What are you doing here?"
"Come to see how my girl was going only to see her come outside" Doug said "A customer wants designs to be done"
"Let me guess" I asked "Audrey?"
"Bingo" Doug said as he let go of me to reveal my boyfriend.
"Come on, we can't leave the 'future queen of Auradon' waiting" I said in a posh voice, making Doug laugh as we walked to my studio.

"Oh there you are! Where have you been?" Audrey exclaimed.
I sighed, annoyed that I am dealing with her when I'm tired.
"I'm doing Ben's job since he took Mal out on a overnight date" I said "Without the king or the lady in court, the role comes upon me"
Audrey rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, like a VK like you can do that" she said.
"Audrey, we've been over this; they are people of Auradon now" Doug said.
"They took away my future with Ben!" Audrey dramatically cried.
I ignored my curse trying to make me jealous of Audrey talking to Doug.
Man, I feel like a Yandere.
I smirked slyly.
"Well, if your going to be like that then I won't do your dress for the Auradon Prep formal" I said, tapping my clipboard I just picked up.
She grumbled under her breath, making me smile innocently.
"Fine" She muttered as I walked over to her to complete her dress.

Harry's POV
I notice Ben looking at me with shock.
I shouldn't of said for him to let me answer questions!
"So...your the one Evie talked about" he said, making me look at him confused.
"What?" I asked.
"Evie said there was this one time Mal opened up to someone and they broke her" Ben said.
I sighed, looking down.
"I regret what I did everyday" I said "I'm not even sure she forgives me, I can't even forgive myself..."
Ben put his hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, no hard feelings" he said "I'm pretty sure by the way Mal has been acting around you that she doesn't hate you"

"Harry, I don't hate you"
I looked up to see Mal standing next to Ben.
"What happened wasn't your fault" Mal said "You didn't realise your mistake...and Jay took it way too way"
I chucked as the memory came to me

~~~~

I smirked as Mal looked at me like I was her life.
"Do you love me?" I asked.
"Of course I do Harry" she said robotically.
I smiled and kissed her on the lips.
She blushed as we let go.
"Harry, thats enough!" I heard Evie said.
I sneered and looked to notice Evie and Jay standing there.
"Can't you see we're having a moment here?" I asked.
"Don't play dumb, Freddie told us you stole a love potion from her!" Evie said "And I can sense it"
My smirk turned into a frown.
"What are you talking about? Mal loves me...don't you?" I asked.
"Yes, I do, why wouldn't I?" Mal said.
Jay narrowed his eyes at me.
"You're using her! I told her you were bad news!" Jay said and lunged at me, flinging a punch to my face.
Mal cried in Evie's arms as Jay beat me up.
I widen my eyes with realisation as I started to black out.
"Jay...Stop...Mal...curse...cause of potion" I exclaimed, waiting for the final blow.
It never came.
"Never go near Mal again" Jay threatened "Or will not hesitate to complete the job"
I heard their footsteps and Mal's cries to come back to me as I blacked out because of blood loss.

~~~

"A bit? I almost died" I said, making her widen her eyes in shock.
"WHAT?" She yelled, her eyes glowing green.
"I'm gonna....yeah" Ben said and went out the room.
Thanks Ben for leaving me with very angry Mal.
I stood up.
"Um..." I said "Mal-"
"Just don't" she said "It wasn't your fault at all!"
"I was the reason you were hurt!" I exclaimed "I should never have gotten that love potion from Freddie..."
I turned around and walked to the balcony and looked onto the setting sun with it's rays reflecting off of the water.
"Harry, look at me" Mal said as I heard footsteps.
"Harry!" Mal said sternly "None of it was your fault...it's mine"
I turned to her and noticed she was tearing up.
I hugged her.
"Hey, it wasn't your fault; don't blame yourself" I said.
She sighed, and tensed like like she used to do when she was keeping something from me.
"Mal, what's wrong?" I asked her, looking her in the eye.
Her eyes looked away from me.
I might be insane but I care for her.
Her eyes teared up when she finally looked me in the eyes.
"Harry, I wasn't under the influence of the love potion when I said I loved you"