Chapter 7: In the space between

A/N they finished recording and rehearsals and starting filming!!!!

I'm sooooooo happy.
They are saying the music is amazing
~Next Morning~

Mal's POV

I yawned and sat up in the couch that was my bed.
I looked over and noticed on Harry's bed, Uma and him were snuggled together, making me smile.
I noticed Ben, who was sleeping on the floor, with his sheet all on him.
I stood up and quietly walked to the balcony.
I smiled as I noticed the sun going onto the water from behind me.
"Did you really think you would be the only one awake?"
I jumped and turned around to see Ben.
"Did I wake you up? I-"
"You didn't, its okay" Ben said, standing next to me "I didn't get a good sleep"
I laughed quietly.
"I figured so, you toss and turned all night...your not used to that type of stuff" I said.
"And...you are?" Ben asked.
I sighed, leading on the balcony fence, crossing my arms.
"I...I had a small single bed with a broken mattress with its springs coming out and a old, itchy wooly jumper as my quit and no pillow" I said "It's leftovers from Auradon that was chuckled out"
He looked at me with shock.
"Ben, whatever your father said to you, what other people have said to you about the Isle...we're only a dirty and poor place because the 'rulers' or your parents at the time only left us with leftovers" I said "And then when the guards would come to 'check on us' they would harm us because we're nothing more than scum to Auradon people"
"But you aren't-"
I looked up at him.
"I am and always will be from and apart of the Isle" I said "And if the council will ever approve, I...want to make the life better for them"
Ben nods.
"I will help as well, I promise" he said, holding onto me.
We stared silently at the sun's reflection.

"So...we have the Auradon Formal night" Ben said "Can you hint me on your dress?"
I smirked.
"Nope, you have to find out" I teased.
"I don't care anywhere, cause you'll be beautiful in anything" He said, making me blush.
"What if I was wearing a rag?" I asked "Or naked?"
Ben blushed.
"Well I don't care with the rag and naked..."
I went red with embarrassment as I realised what I said.
Ben started to laugh.
I heard Harry's laugh, making me turn around to see Uma and Harry laughing their heads off.
"Oh my sea, your faces are hilarious!" Uma said in between the laughs.
"Shut up" I said "You Shouldn't say anything; what about you and Harry?"
They both blushed.
I smirked.
"I KNEW IT" I said, "Ever since I notice Uma stop trying to kill me to save Harry from drowning when I was saving Ben from you guys...Uma used to hate my guts and she woudlnt have stopped for any old no one"
They both went red, making me chuckle.
"Come on, you guys probably have to tell the others about going to the dance as well as packing...we have a long day" I said they both nodded, leaving Ben and I to pack the limited stuff we have.

~1 hour later~

"All good?" I asked the VKs.
They nodded.
"I'm so excited!" Harriet exclaimed "We got sail the seas!"
I smiled at Ben who nodded.
"That could be arranged" I said, making the Hook siblings and Uma look at me with happiness.
"Really?" Harry asked.
I nodded.
"Yeah" I said "You could even come to Auradon prep if your wanted to...its your choice" I said.
"Mal-"
"Ben" I said, turning to him "Even though you helped 4 of us VKs, a lot of people like Uma and Harry were left out...they need to experience it. Especially since Uma's the 'queen'"
Uma grinned.
I noticed the Limo pull up.
"Why is there-"
"They have been invited to the Auradon prep formal; nothing to worry about" I told the driver.
He shrugged and helped the others put their bags in the back.
They all hopped in, Ben and I going in last.

"I can't wait to see Evie's reaction" Ben said.
I sighed.
"Jay's gonna be pissed" I said, looking at Harry who froze.
"And most of Auradon" Uma muttered.
"Hey, don't think like that...you just have to prove yourself" I said "That's what I did and it worked"
Lie.
Harry glared at me, knowing I lied but left it.

"Are we going to drive into the ocean!!?!?!!?" Harriet asked, scared.
"Scared of a little water Hari-"
"Shut it!" She exclaimed.
The Vks screamed, making me and Ben chuckle at the golden bridge came across.
"Hey, we're alive!" CJ exclaimed.
"Haven't you gone through here before?" I asked.
"Freddie helped me last time" she exclaimed to the shaking Freddie.
"I can tell" I exclaimed as Freddie looked at me scared.
"We're almost he-"
"FOOD!" Anthony exclaimed, grabbing the sweets.
I laughed as the memories of Jay and Carlos came into my head.
"You are reacting the exact way Carlos and Jay did" I said as we pulled in front of Auradon prep.

I noticed Evie at the front, waiting for us.
I opened the door and Evie hugged me.
"M!" She exclaimed.
"Hey Evie" I said.
"You have the Vks?" She asked.
I looked at her confused.
"I am prepared!" She exclaimed.
Slowly Uma and the others walked out.
She looked at Ben and I.
"Are you serious?" She asked "No offence but most of those guys nearly killed us 6 mouths ago"
"I am aware of that" I said "They are here to prove themselves...aren't we?"
I turned to the others, who nodded.
I noticed Harry smirk at me and wink, making me roll my eyes.
I turned back to Evie who was glaring at Harry.
"Chill Evie, it will be fun" I said.
She sighed.
"Okay! Who's ready to get dress up?" She asked.
Almost all of the VKs groaned.
Including me.