Chapter 22: I'm evil, tell the people hey!

A/N you can thank EveCrowther for sending me friendly death threats for this chapter to come out.

...

...

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!!!

Mal's POV
I smirked at their shocked faces.
"Mal?" Harry asked.
"The one and only" I replied.
"What? What happened to you?" Evie asked.
"The dark side honey" I said "You know, the side you left for those poor unfortunate souls of friends"
"Goblins, you sound like Ursula" Harry muttered.
I laughed a cold laugh.
"Is that wrong?" I asked "She is one of the best villains out there, apart from my mother of course"
"Mal, everyone's going to be so happy you're-"
"Oh no, I'm not staying in this pink overload of a place. Actually, this place will be pulled down brick by brick once I'm done with it" I snarled "They'll wish they never put me or my mother in that dump of an Isle!"
They gasped.
The colour draining from their faces were hilarious to watch.
"Your mother did something to you, didn't she?" Harry asked, almost demanding.
I smirked and leaned in towards him.
"Now why would I tell you that?" I asked "And she made me better and stronger, and free from that kindness which invaded me when I got here"
"Mal, please don't do this" Evie pleaded.
"Do what?" I asked "You're the traitors here, not me. You left our home and didn't complete my mother's wishes. She has chosen to forgive me, and I am not failing her again"
And I teleported away.

Third POV

All the effected soulmates surrounded a hospital bed.
The man on the hospital looked peaceful and unmoving.
The parents of the man was right next to him, the mother holding his hand.
"Is he okay?" Jane asked her mother.
Fairy Godmother sighed as she noticed worried faces look at her.
"He is very lucky, if he had been pushed to the next level, his curse would have activated" Fairy Godmother explained, the former king sighed.
"This is all my fault, if I haven't pushed him" Alicia whispered.
Gil held her hand, smiling silently.
Lonnie nudged him, making her nod at him.
"I'm sure he will forgive you" Gil said said, almost a whisper "He knows how you grew up, he will understand"
Audrey snorted, making Alicia glare at her.
"Audrey, you were like that once, give Alicia a rest" Jay said, standing very close to Carlos.
A pink tinge was on both of their faces.
"Where's Evie and Har-"

Suddenly Evie and Harry burst though the doors, looking very pale and out-of-breath.
"Evie! Harry are you-"
"We.Saw.Mal!" Evie said in between her heavy breathing.
Everyone gasped.
"What happened, where is she?" Doug asked.
Evie looked down.
"She's under a spell isn't she?" Jane asked "I can sense it with the link"
Evie nodded, looking down.
"She's way more wicked than we was before; and we know Ursula and Maleficent is apart of it" Harry whispered.
"Where is she now?" Harriet asked.
"She disappeared, we don't know where she went but she was saying how we're the traitors, not her" Evie said.
"She must be talking about how we've accepted Auradon ways" Carlos answered.
Freddie nodded.
"I sense dark arts in the air" Freddie said "Mal is definitely under some kind of potion"
"Jane, have you felt anything?" Fairy Godmother asked.
Everyone turned to the daughter of the fairy.
"I...I can't feel Mal's warm love" Jane said "I can only just sense it, everything else is like a black, poisonous cloud is blocking me from contacting her. I can sense her emotions though...anger, pain, so much rage. But they feel forced"
Fairy Godmother sighed.
"We can look through the books, including the one that we got from Maleficent" Fairy Godmother said "Try and find what Maleficent put on her"
"Is there any thing that you noticed that different about her apart from her attitude?" Anthony asked, finally snapping out of looking at CJ.
Evie shook her head.
"No, not at all" Evie replied.
"This just made it a whole lot harder" Jane whispered.

Suddenly, a groan was heard from the hospital bed.
"Ben" Fairy Godmother whispered "Are you okay?"

Ben's POV
"Ben" Fairy Godmother whispered "Are you okay?"
I opened up my eyes to see everyone around me.
"I feel like I've been hit by a truck" I replied, trying to sit up.
"No, stay down my son" I heard my mother said as a ripping pain went through me.
I hissed, stinking right down into the sheets.
"Not getting up, go it" I said through my teeth.
My vision has cleared up and I noticed everyone here...apart from Mal.
"Ben, I-" Alicia started, looking really nervous "I'm so sorry that I did this to you and-"
"It's fine" I replied "I was already stressed out because of Mal being missing. Those words that came out my mouth didn't mean-"
"I know you only said it in the moment but you're right; I need a reality check" Alicia said "I've spent my whole life in Wonderland, and I adapted how my friends there reacted to things to Auradon. Now I know it's wrong"
I smiled.
"It's okay, I can help you if you want" I replied.
She smiled sadly.
"Thank you, you have a kind heart" she whispered.

I chuckled.
Finally something clicked in my mind.
Mal.
Taken by her mother.
"Where's Mal?" I asked "Have you guys found her yet?"
Their faces formed frowns.
"What?" I asked.
"We found her" Evie said slowly.
"That's great, we can-"
"But her mother's put her under some spell" Evie said "She's evil again"
I felt my heart sink.
She might not be my soulmate but I still love her.
I tried to sit up again.
"We need to find her, I need to-"
"Ben, sit back down" my mum warned.
"No! I failed Mal, I need to save her" I pleaded.
My mum and dad held me down, pushing me back down.
I felt tears down my face.
"I promised I would keep her safe and I failed her, I need to-"
"Ben calm down" Fairy Godmother said "You need to rest, your curse almost took over you. Any stressful emotion can trigger the curse"
I sighed and relaxed in the bed, defeated.
"How can we help her?" I asked calmly.
"You stay here and rest" Fairy Godmother said "We can do the rest"
Everyone started to walk out the room apart from my mum and dad.
"You'll be okay" my dad said.
"I know I will be, I'm worried about Mal" I whispered, looking out the window.