Chapter 16: The spell

A/n

They just finished filming....

...cries.

They all sound so sad about it on media...

Awwww.

Anyway, sorry about the late update, I've had a lot of things on and I know I said I would update more since for me its school holidays.

Enjoy!

~Next Day~

Evie's POV

Mal is acting strange.
Not just when she broke Harry's heart but she's just being...weird
And more girly.
And that's not Mal.
I looked at her bed to see her reading a book.
"Mal" I said from my side of the room.
She ignored me.
'Mal!" I snapped, making her jump.
"Oh my Auradon Evie, you scared me!" She exclaimed, putting her book down.
I narrowed my eyes.
Mal never curses with Auradon, she always curses dirtily like at the Isle.
Something's up.
"Mal, What's up with you?" I asked, walking to her bed.
She looked at me confused.
"What are you talking about?" She asked as I sat on her bed.
"You literally made out with Ben and broke Harry" I ranted "And plus you're acting weird"
"So?" She asked.
I looked into her eyes and noticed a slight pink gleam to it.
Cursed.
Mal's Cursed...or spell, I don't know.
But how can I get Mal out of it?
True love's kiss?
That would be too complicated at the moment.
What else could I do? Smack her over the head with a-
"Um...Evie? You there?" Mal asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I looked at her and held her hands.
Maybe I could say something to trigger her out of it.
"Mal, you can tell me anything right?" I said "You know I'm here for you"
"Of course Evie" she said, her smile fake.
"Mal, that smile was fake" I said.
She sighed, her eyes turning emerald green, like it used to be before Auradon when they went pale.
"Well, I'm so confused with the changed soulmate thing I mean, I love Ben but I love Harry and it's confusing me so much and when Ben started to kiss me I had no control and when Harry saw me I was breaking and crying to get to him but nothing came out and i feel so bad because I know he takes everything so seriously and I feel so bad. And my mother said it is better for me? Please, she's got her head in the clouds how does this help me? She's making me a cheater! I might as well be like my mother" Mal ranted.
A quick second later, her eyes had it's pink gleam again.
I wasn't worried about that.
I was more worried about how she ranted like that and it was her.
I knew this was hard for her but I didn't know she was keeping it all in.
And she broke through to rant about it.
I looked down at the book that she was reading, I could knock her out of it.
"Evie?" Mal asked "Are you okay?"
I grabbed the book.
"I am so sorry Mal" I said and wacked the book over the top of her head.

Mal immediately put her hands onto her head.
"Ow" she muttered "Wait, why did that hurt?"
She looked at me to reveal her green eyes.
"Because you were cursed and it probably effected by that" I said.
Mal smiled and hugged me.
"Thank you so much, you don't know how weird it is watching your movements from a screen" Mal said "And how good feeling pain is again"
I chuckled as she let go of me.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
Her eyes drifted.
"I'll be fine but I need to apologise to Harry and save Ben" She said.
"Why?" I asked "What's wrong with Ben?"
She sighed.
"Do you want me to tell you the story of how it happened?" She asked.
I nodded.
"Well I met up with Ben to talk about Auradon and the outcome if he does have another relationship. I said I would be more than happy to step down for his new lover where he exclaimed he wants to love me but something AKA my mother's curse is stopping him. I admited that I'm struggling between him and Harry because of the curse when he supported me. We both had drinks and I assume it was spiked before long Ben was on top of me, tying to make out with me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. And that's how it lead me to coming back to see Harry..." she said and then stopped.
"I thought potions doesn't effect you?" I asked.
"I thought so too" She said "The love potion didn't effect me; maybe because of the curse the potion my mother gave me effectiveness lowered or something"
She sighed.
"The thing is Ben's still under and-"
The door smashed open to reveal a teary Uma.
"-we need to stop him before he does anything stupid" Mal said and Uma sat next to us in tears.