Chapter 17: interal war of love and feelings

A/n the photo the original 4 put up though for the last day filming

My heart is breaking!

Their tweets:

And they've also have a lot of cute pics on both Sofia's and Dove's instagram's.

Anyway on with the show!

~2 weeks later~

Mal's POV
It's been 2 weeks since the Alicia incident.
Alicia has been put on 2 mouths, helping her mother out in wonderland, which Alicia doesn't like.
Ben and I have apologised to each other.
...but Harry is still being stubborn.
Well, I am as well.
Evie's been trying to convince me to talk to him civilly but it's not working.
Also it's nice to be a little wicked for once.

The situation of the soulmate switch finally got out as fairy godmother answer questions about why Ben is hanging out with Uma instead of his lady of court.
Let's just say the reporters are gobsmacked.
Fairy Godmother also announced that it would be cured in a week, which I'm nervous about.
Yes I loved Ben so much but Harry...Harry's like the missing piece of my puzzle.
He's like my best friend.
I feel like I can be myself around him...
"Mal"
Evie's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
I realised I'm still in my room with Evie looking at me from her bed, excited.
"Aren't you excited about the Soulmate switch?" She asked excitingly.
"I thought you liked Chad?" I asked.
Evie smiled.
"Chad's nice and better than he was before...but you can tell Audrey has changed and they both want each other" Evie said "Also Doug is adorable when he sends me pleading eyes from across the room as Audrey blabbles on"
I laughed.
"Yeah" I muttered.
She looked at me, concerned.
"What about you?" Evie asked.
I shrugged.
"I mean, I love both Harry and Ben, I really do" I said "I don't know really...my feelings are messed up and it doesn't help when I feel like my mother's watching me"
Evie sighed and sat on my bed.
"Honey, in my opinion, try and go with the person who makes you the happiest and is like your best friend" Evie said "Even though I still can't forgive Harry after what he did to you but it's your choice, I mean, you said I love you to Ben first"
I was about to cut in but Carlos burst into the room.
"Well that's a little rude, shouldn't you knock?" Evie asked "We were talking about girl stuff"
Carlos rolled his eyes.
Since Lonnie started to train him he's started to get muscles and he actually very talented at self defence and fencing.
Jane is slowly improving with fencing from Jay's teaching and is slowly getting toned as well.
They can't get their eyes off each other, which is funny to watch them both shutter and blush over each other.
"FG wants us" Carlos said, "Soulmate stuff"
I nod and stood up.
"Let's go"

~~~

"Hello" I said as I walked into the room to see everyone else there apart from myself and Evie.
Chad, Doug, Ben, Uma, Audrey, Harriet, CJ, Anthony, Freddie, Carlos, Jay, Lonnie, Jane and...Harry.
FG was standing behind her desk, looking very nervous.
"Please, sit down next to your soulmate" FG said.
I looked disgusted at Harry, which his expression related to mine.
I sat next to him and Ben, which gave me some comfort.
Some.
"What's up purple fairy?" Harry asked.
"You decided to talk to me, that's a surprise" I replied, not even looking at him.
"Mal..." Ben said sternly.
"Now, why would I want to talk to you?" He asked.
"Maybe because you cant spend a second without me in your mind and you yearn for me?" I teased, looking right at him.
Harry rolled his eyes.
"Why would anyone love you?" He asked.
Many gasps rung around the room.
Ouch.
Even that comment shocked FG.
...even Harry himself.
He couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth.
I rolled my eyes, trying not to show that it hurt me.
It really did.
Like a knife to the heart.
Not only it reminded me of what my mother told me various times but that it put down my self esteem.
'No one will ever love you, you brat! You only propose to live to is serve me!'
"Mal I-"
"Of course no one loves me" I said, trying not hide the sadness in my voice "Who can love the daughter of the evilest villain in Auradon?"
"Okay, that's enough" Ben said, making both of us look at him "Harry, I know for a fact you're doing this because you're hurt about what happened between Mal and myself which we had no control over and I am sorry for. Isolating yourself doesn't help and Mal; teasing him and stirring him up isn't going to help. I notice those looks you give before making the first words, you're just angry at each other but it's been 2 weeks, let it go"
I sighed.
"I only did it because Harry's done something similar before and I didn't want to be broken again" I said, glaring at Harry.
"I'm sorry I was trying to protect you" Harry snapped.
"From what?!" I asked "What did you have to protect me from to leave me for what? 2 mouths or something and leave me depressed? Thinking I wasn't good enough for you?!"
"From me Mal, from me okay?" Harry yelled, making me look at him confused.
He sighed.
"Mal, I've always felt like I would never be good enough for you; you seem so proud of what you believe and you're...beautiful and...I'm nothing like that" he said, making rose an eyebrow.
"Says the person who's the most popular kid on the isle and the guy girls fall for" I said.
Harry smiled faintly.
"And still am" he said, making me laugh.

"Now that that's settled-"
Oh, forgot they were there.
I blushed with embarrassment.
I looked back at Ben and nodded before listening back to FG.
"-we are required the book that Mal saw in her mother's house to complete the spell" FG said "I only have some of the spell, I would need the last part"
I paled.
"Are you suggesting we go to the Isle?" Audrey asked,her nose scrunching up.
Somethings never change.
"Scrunching your nose isnt a good look Audrey, gives wrinkles" I teased, making her glare at me.
"No, only the people who know the Isle should go" FG said, looking at me "Mainly Mal"
"So I can find the book, great" I replied sarcastically.
"Mal-"
"So we would only need a small amount of people?" Evie asked.
FG nodded.
"4-5 people at the largest, we can't draw too much attention" FG said "One is Mal so 2 more VKs-"
"I'll go" Harry, Uma, CJ, Harriet and Freddie said at the same time.
I sighed.
FG sighed.
"Harriet, Harry, CJ and Freddie" FG said, "Uma, you need to be here to support Ben with his interview coming up"
Uma sighed.
I feel you girl.
I feel you.
"When do we leave?" I asked.
"Whenever you're ready" FG said.
I stood up.
"I'm gonna get changed; meet me outside Auradon prep in a hour" I said.
"And the limo will be there waiting for you" FG said.
I turned to her and nodded and then walked out.

I really hope I don't get a flashback.
Or this trip will not end well.