Chapter 13: Father...why have you done this to them?

A/N I will put a list of the 'main' Vk curses we know...I am adding to Mal's that she can't feel pain, only if someone she loves get's hurt.

Mal: Mal can't feel pain properly. If she am near someone who's hurt then she would feel pleasure...but if it someone she loves gets hurt, she would feel their pain instead.
Jay: Jay's is cursed with traits of a psychopath which he pops in and out off
Carlos: Carlos is uncontrollably bipolar
Evie: she falls in love with someone she is always jealous of girls talking to her lover and has to urge to harm them Yandere style
CJ: All the Hook siblings have the curse of insanity which could come at any moment
Harriet: All the Hook siblings have the curse of insanity which could come at any moment
Uma: Uma can't lie, however when she hears lies she feels weird
Harry: All the Hook siblings have the curse of insanity which could come at any moment
Anthony: Unknown to this time
Freddy: Unknown to this time

BTW from now on; Beast (Ben's father) is gonna be called Adam.

Okay, enjoy!

~6 hours later (like 4pm)~

Third POV
Ben was beyond pissed.
He knew the VKs had curses but he didn't realise his father was in charge of it.
He needs to change this now!
Mal and the other Vks suffered so much because of this.
Ben waited outside his father's office.
Ben knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" He heard his father yell from inside.
"It's me father" Ben said.
The door opened to reveal his father, making Ben hold back his disgust.
Ben thought he knew his father but he knew nothing at all.
His father smiled.
"Come in son" he said, walking in.
Ben followed him and sat on a seat in front of his father's desk.
"So" the former king said, sitting down in his red chair "What is concerning you son?"
"It's about the Isle...I have a question" Ben said, making his father's smile turn into a frown.
"Of course son, but why ask me and not your friends?" Adam said.
"I wanted to hear from you" Ben said.
Adam moved uncomfortably.
"Go on" Adam said slowly.
"The Vks have curses" Ben said, making his father pale "...and they say you were the one who put it on all of them...why?"
"Ben-"
"Why would you let these kids suffer for nothing?"
"Ben-"
"I have been told all these stories of you being kind and heroic...but now I don't even know who you are anymore!"
"BEN" Adam yelled, making Ben go silent "I...there is a reason why they were cursed"
Ben crossed his arms.
"Intrigue me" He said sourly.
Adam sighed, crouching into his chair and sighed.
"Ben, have you ever wondered by when you grew angry your eyes turned green?" He asked.
"I assumed it was because of Mal being my soulmate" Ben said and the looked down sadly "Was my soulmate"
"It is nothing like that at all" Adam said "Ben, what I did was to protect y-"
"This was not to protect me now tell me" Ben snapped.
"Ben...when you were a baby...Maleficent got out of the Isle somehow and then...she cursed you" Adam said.

Ben widen his eyes.
"She cursed you, saying if you ever got too angry, you would become a beast and nothing can help you afterwards" Adam said "So...in return I convinced Fairy Godmother to curse every child on the Isle-"
"They did nothing wrong!" Ben yelled.
"They would have done harm!" Adam said calmly.
"So you cursed them because Maleficent cursed me?" Ben said and then laughed "You're no better than her"
"Benjamin" Adam growled.
"Woah, woah!" Someone said, standing in between the standing men, "Stop fighting"
"Mal?" Ben asked, looking at the purple haired girl.
"I don't care what you're talking about but I can feel Ben's rage from the other side of the school so calm down before things get bad!" Mal exclaimed.
Ben narrowed his eyes at his father.
"Mal, he is the reason that you have your curse!" Ben exclaimed.
"Well, that doesn't matter, I have lived with it" Mal said "What's done is done"
"I can help you!" Ben yelled, making Mal turn to him "I can fix his mistakes! You said yourself the curse has taken a toll on you and the Isle life is crap and I agree with that...please"
Mal sighed.
"Everyone has secrets Ben...sometimes its for good and sometimes its for bad" Mal said, "Don't take it out on your father"
"But-"
"Ben" Adam said calmly "What I did was for the best-"
"Hang on, did you just say 'for the best?'" Mal asked, turning to the former king "The Vks are suffering because of what you did! None of us have made our parent's mistakes and you curse the children not the parents?"
Adam did something unexpected and slapped Mal across the face, hard.

Belle came running in, hearing the noise.
"Mal, sweetheart, are you okay?" Belle asked as she touched Mal's right side of her face which is red.
"I'm fine, thanks to your husband, I can't feel pain thanks to someone" Mal snapped, glaring at Adam.
"Father, what was that for?" Ben asked, raising his voice "Mal did have a point before and because it wasn't your opinion you punished her!"
"And don't you know the rules of not hitting a lady Adam!" Belle said, "Poor Mal"
"But she-"
"I only said what I thought, and apparently I'm not good enough for an opinion" Mal said "Adam, I know you. You wanted what's best and what you thought at the time but times are changing, you need to reconsider your de-"
"I will not back down!" Adam said "They will pay!"
Belle went next to him to try and calm him down.

"Are you only angry because Ben got cursed in a similar way to you?" Mal asked, turning to Adam "That you got cursed with being a beast and Ben might turn up like that too?"
Adam's angry face turned into a stern, emotionless one.
"You know, my curse you put on me is not feeling pain. But you know what? Every time I see someone get hurt that I don't even know, I feel pleaser but when it's someone I care about...like Ben" Mal turned to Ben "...It hurts me instead. I am okay with it most of the time but other people had it way worse than me; Jay is turning into a psychopath, Carlos is bipolar, Evie is a Yandere, Uma can't lie, the Hook siblings are on the brink of insanity"
Mal pauses.
"Anthony, son of Anastasia Tredmaine, is a really talented musician, plays the flute, sings...but because of your curse you put on them....when he plays he instantly kills the person near him...which is painful for him since he wants to be a musician when he gets older.
There's also Freddy, daughter of Facilier, instead of her father being haunted by the voodoo ghosts, its her. And it doesn't help when she's the only one that's see them, she's an outcast on the Isle! And not to mention her passion is doing voodoo magic for good but she can't do any spells or potions or anything voodoo related correctly without blowing anything up!"

By the time Mal was done with her rant, Belle, Ben and even Adam was looking at Mal with pity and shock.
"I understand if Belle or Ben was looking at me with pity but not you Adam; you were the one who created this mess, you need to fix it or when the truth does come out...you will have everyone on the Isle including me attacking your kingdom you made brick by brick" Mal threatened.
Belle hugged her husband's arm.
"Adam, please consider this" Belle said "I have seen how the others have reacted to their curse and how it's also effected the Auradon kids please"
"...And Mal would literally kill us all with a click of her fingers" Ben added, making Mal glare at him to say 'don't test me'.
Ben playfully tapped chest, making her lose her balance slightly.
"You should have gone for the head" Mal whispered and clicked her fingers. (A/N I'm sorry to anyone who would get the reference, I had to do it)
"No!" Ben yelled playfully "I'm dying because of you!"
"Children" Belle said sternly, making both of them shut up.
In that time, Adam was just thinking about all of the possibilities that could happen if he takes the curses off.
Adam sighed.
"I would have to ask Fairy Godmother" Adam said "But I will try"
Mal nodded while Ben had a grin on his face.
"Thank you Father!" Ben said and then pulled Mal out the room happily.

"Ben, let go of me!" Mal said laughing as he closed the door.
"We did it!" Ben said "I can't believe it!"
"It was amazing what you did Ben...thank you" Mal said with a smile on her face.
"I promised I would help to make life better for the Isle, I'll start small-"
"Ben, this is not as small as you think" Mal said "It's not just the villain's offspring effected; it's very criminal or wrongly accused person on the Isle's children! You would literally make everyone love you!"
Ben looked shocked.
"Wait really?" Ben asked "All of those-"
Mal nodded.
"But it could change if your father and FG approves" Mal said, and then hugged Ben "Thank you!"
Ben chuckled.
"You're welcome Mal" he said.
"Wait..." Mal said, letting go of Ben "What was the reason behind it?"
Ben sighed.
"Apparently your mother cursed me" Ben said "That's why my eyes glow when I'm angry; if I get too angry I'll become the beast like my father was"
Mal gasped.
"Really? How is that possible?" Mal asked "She was on the-"
"She escaped once" Ben said "According to my father"
"Oh...but what about the green flames-"
"Oh that was from you being my soulmate" Ben said.
"Yeah" Mal said awkwardly.
They both stood their in silence.
"Um...I better get going" Ben said after a couple of minutes.
Mal nodded.
"Same" she said, and turned to walk away.
"Mal!" Ben called out, making her turn around.
"Yeah?" She asked.
"No hard feelings right?" Ben asked "If we can't get this changed then...can we still be friends?"
Mal laughed.
"Of course Ben, I'm not going to let a little set back from my mother harm me that easily" Mal said and walked off.