Jack Kelly » Mornin' Miss

It was normal for (Y/N) when she would be asked to buy a newspaper from a newsboy buy her father.

This started happening since she was 8 years old. After breakfast, her father would ask her to puy a newspaper from the nearest newsie she could find so she wouldn't be lost.

“Mornin' Miss! Would you want a pape?” She heard someone shout. She jerked her head in the direction of the noise..

“Huh oh-- Yes! Yes I would!” She politely smiled and took out a nickel from her pocket and gave it to the boy.

“Thanks ya'! Here, a nice crisp one.” He handed her a newspaper before waving goodbye.

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

Now that she was 16, this would still happen but this time (Y/N) and Jack are now close friends so as the loyal friend she is, she'd always buy from him.

“Morning Jack!” She greeted him happily.

“Mornin' Miss.” Jack mocked her. “We bringing that back are we?” (Y/N) smiled as she handed him a quarter since her father was generous.

“If ya' want to, I will.” Jack smirked as he gave her a newpaper. “(Y/N), youse know I can't take this much money from youse.” Jack grew worried as she handed him the shiny coin.

“No worries Jack. You boys need it more than we do.”

“You're a gem.” He complimented, playing with the coins in his hand.

(Y/N) waved goodbye before happily skipping back to her home.

“Any luck with Jack lately?” Her younger sister, Emerald of 13 years of age asked her.

“Do you want me to answer seriously Em?” She asked back.

Emerald hummed in response not looking up from her book. “I suppose the same. I still like him, like a lot but I don't want us to be together you know? I don't want to hurt him if he finds out we have to go west.”

“I know I don't have a say to what you do but... Tell him. It's better that he knows than he doesn't.”

“Wow. Did I just get real life advice from a thirteen year old?”

“Yep. You just did. Now go on if you choose my advice.” Her sister scolded as she did the “shoo” hands.

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

(Y/N) made her way to the Newsboy's Lodging house nervously, her hands slighly shaking, her mind clouded with thoughts and her anxiety is off the charts.

Her shaky hands knocked on the creaky wooden door, waiting to be answered.

A few seconds later, she could hear stumbling and a knob twisting before revealing the face of none other than Jack Kelly.

“(Y/N)?! What brings youse around 'ere?” He asks.

“I was actually thinking of talking to you. Do you have a minute?”

“Yeah, yeah ofcourse. Why don't youse come in? We can talk at the rooftop.”

Jack led (Y/N) the way to Jack's “penthouse in the sky”. “So... Am I in trouble or-?” Jack trailed off with his words once they've reached the top.

“No actually. I-It's just. U-Uhm. My f-family is m-moving out west.”

“O-Oh.”

“I'm really gonna miss you Jack.” She said, nearly crying.

“When are youse leavin'?”

“A week or two. Don't worry, I'll come visit or if I'm lucky enough I'll come back.” She smiled up at him wiping a stray tear from her eye.

“Don't cry. 'Ey remember when we's talk about Santa Fe out in the west? No-Now youse can write ta' me if they's real! I can follow youse there once I got enough cash. It'll be fine.” He explained.

“No they won't Jack. I'll be leaving the boys, my other friends, part of my family. I-I'll be leaving you behind. You my first real best friend. You, the fearless half of our duo. You m-my first love.” She turned around as she continued to cry.

Jack was baffled, after all these years. (Y/N), the girl he's been liking since he first met her. Loved him back?

Suddenly, she felt warm arms wrap protectively around her. As if shielding her from the coolness of the autumn air.

“It'll be okay. I know you're coming back. Is'll wait for you.” He softly whispered in her ear, kissing her cheek ever so softly.

“I love you so much, Jack.” She further cried, thinking of the memories she's had since she was a little girl.

“I love you too, (Y/N). Be back for me okay?”

“Okay.”

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

(Y/N) (L/N) now a full grown lady at the rightful age of 21, Jack Kelly now a respectable gentleman at age 22.

(Y/N) was now set to return to her old home in New York City more specifically the Lower East Side of Manhattan.

She quickly hopped off the train and walked towards  her old yet modernized home in Manhattan. Smiling, she walked down the hallway before her happiness was interrupted when she felt a man bump into her.

“Mornin' Miss. Sorry I bumped in-- (Y/N)?” The man in a cap quickly spoke.

Her gaze fixed on the slightly taller man infront of her before she nearly shouted “Jack!?” and hugged him as tight as she could.

“I've missed you so much.” Jack put her down after twirling her in the air and kissing her on her forehead.

“I've missed you too, Jack.” She smiled into his shoulders, fighting back tears that might fall.

“4 years, huh (Y/N)?” Jack spoke as they continued to walk the hallway slowly.

“I know. Not a lot has changed honestly.”

“Yeah, I kinda noticed that. Transpotation's still the same. Newsboys still out there. You beautiful as ever.”

(Y/N) slightly blushed at the comment but quickly put it aside.

“You know what has changed?” Jack shook his head no. “Your grammar.” She laughed.

“Has it? I think it's because I work in an office now. People are more serious.”

“Jackie boy working in an office? That changed too.”

“Well it's not really an office office but like an office enough like there's rooms, some cubicles, spaces, desks where I'd draw for children's books.”

(Y/N) just smiled up at him not saying a word even though he finished.

“What? Why're you looking at me like that?” He asked. His cheeks turning a shade of pink.

“I'm looking at you like that because one, you're cute, and two we're at my door.”

“Oh.” He said in realization.

“Why don't you come inside and let's catch up?” She quickly gave him a kiss on the lips leaving Jack a little shocked and dumbfounded at the same time.

“Let's...” Jack snapped his fingers and followed her.