Ben Platt » Vacation

This is gonna be short and sweet. Hope you enjoy!

(Y/N)'s POV

The wooden floor creaked as I made my own way to our kitchen to make Ben, my long time boyfriend, and I coffee in this new beach house we were staying at.

Ben was still asleep by the time the coffee was done brewing so I decided to stay at the small balcony we have, just to lounge around.

I laid down on the angled beach chair, placing my cup of coffee on the little coffee table next to it and enjoyed the view.

It was peaceful, serene, and quiet unlike the bustling cities in New York. Sure I love that place but it can be a lot to handle at some times, thus why we decided to have this vacation.

The wind flew by, making my hair flow from its original place. The waves of the sea came crashing down on the white sand just below me. Birds, peacefully flying around, chirping happily as the sun went up.

Truly it was a sight.

I don't want to leave anytime soon.

Though, I do miss New York already. The glowing lights every night. The subtle sound of Broadway on the streets. Winter snow and ice skating during Christmas.

My trance of thoughts were broken by the husky sound of Ben's voice.

"Hey." He said quietly before sitting on the beach chair next to me. "Good morning." I calmly greeted him.

The two of us remained like that for what seemed like hours. Just enjoying the view, the silence, each others' company.

I was relaxed.

I was not stressed for once.

"I do really love Cali..." Ben spoke, out of the blue. "It's just so pretty." I agreed with him. "I wish we can stay longer. But work awaits us in New York." He replied.

I hummed in response, agreeing with him once more.

"We can always go back right? Besides, we still have our friends in New York. Also we don't get to work at a boring desk job--"

"We still have each other." Ben cut me off and reached out to hold my hand, I held it in return.

"And that's all that matters right?" I responded.

"Right." He smiled and kissed the back of my hand.

"I think we should go back in." I offered. "Yeah I think we should." He stood up and held his hand out helping me up from my seat.

When I thought he was going to pull me in the house instead, he pulled me closer to him and properly kissed me on the lips.

"I love you more than Cali." He said once we pulled apart.

"I love you more than anything."