Jared Kleinman » Disbelief

This is not gonna be all sunshine and rainbows okay?
Also I am not pertaining anyone as the bad guy here, I just took inspiration from TLFY and various books, videos, poems and plays similar to it. Also I feel bad now because that pic up top is so pure and cute 🙃

(Y/N)'s POV

Jared Kleinman.

My one hell of a boyfriend, oh what am i saying?

Ex-boyfriend.

You see this all started when we were seniors in high school, then it all crumbled after 5 years. Yup. We're pretty much a real life Jamie and Cathy.

So let me tell you how the crumbling all began:

October of 2016
The Start of My Career

Yes indeed, I (Y/N) (L/N) is now a growing performer here on Broadway but you haven't heard or seen what happened behind the scenes.

After I went to couple of auditions here in New York, not long after each one, I got callback after callback after callback.

Jared, in that time was happy and proud of me. But really, that wasn't what he really felt inside. He was jealous, he was rather envious of the exposure and attention I was getting than he was.

Though he wasn't striving to be a performer like I was, rather he was actually very far from my career type. He was envious. He was envious that I was growing as something and he wasn't.

So he did nothing. He didn't apply to a single job or whatever. He just moped and moped until:

April of 2017
The Peak of My Career

In this time, I have done a singular Broadway show that grew to popularity very quickly. So I started getting invited to every opening night, offered readings, watch invited dress rehearsals, offered to play in sprouting shows destined to be on Broadway and so on.

So naturally, as a good person that I am, I decided to share my time in those events with Jared.

At first of course he was fine with it. “Cooliooo! I can dress nice for once.”

He was actually enjoying his time in the “Broadway Realm” as he liked to call it.

Then slowly it turned into: “Another one?! Can't you decline? I have something to do.”

But really, he didn't have a task or errand to do. He was just getting tired of my growing success. He wanted me to lay in bed with him constantly without doing anything productive.

That was the side I haven't seen. Even in high school. Then we jump to:

July of 2018
My Third Broadway Show

Like I said, this is my third Broadway show, Pretty Woman and since Samantha Barks who played Eponine in the Les Mis movie declined the part, it was offered to me instead.

I told Jared the news and as usual, he secretly rolled his eyes but put a fake smile on his face saying congratulations.

We go into almost 2 and a half weeks not talking because of the last days of rehearsal then tech week then the invited dress rehearsal.

I was offered two tickets to invite my loved ones. So naturally, I invited Jared and my bestfriend (Name).

(B/F/N), being the theatre geek they were loved the show, congratulating me genuinely before bidding me farewell as well as promising me that they'll watch it when we open on Broadway.

Jared on the other hand was slightly cold and fake, but at the time, I really couldn't tell.

August of 2018
Opening of Pretty Woman

A month after the said event, we jump to this date. August 16th, 2018, Pretty Woman's Broadway Debut.

In the morning of that day, I was happy, very happy to the point I woke Jared up from squealing to hard.

Him mumbling incoherent words and pulling the covers around him tighter. I woke him up once more so I could talk to him properly.

... And this was the start or rather the end of the crumbling. Well, more destruction than crumbling.

“(Y/N) what the fuck?! It's so goddamn early.”

“It's 10am! And why the hell do you act like this every time I hit another mile stone in my career?!”

“Because it's getting sickening! Every time you have to go! Every time you make me feel worthless!”

“It's not my fault that you don't do anything all day! You just sit on your ass like something will arrive for you Jared! Life is not like that! You have to work hard to get what you want!”

“And what did you do?!”

“I WORKED MY FUCKING ASS OFF JARED KLEINMAN! And if you can't accept that then don't! I can't fail for you to be comfortable Jared! And this?! THIS. IS. OVER. ”

He was silent. Because he knew even in his fucked up brain that I was right. I had a point.

“I'll be back tomorrow when I finish this fantastic show I'm in.”

WOOOOF

I can't with myself right now 😅

But anyways, thank you so much for reading! I know I haven't been the most active but I promise I will be in like 2 weeks!

Love y'all

-Shelly ♡