Chapter 38

Payton's POV

I woke up with the light that shined through my curtains right on my face. I squinted and sat up before rubbing my eyes. I took my covers off and instantly felt colder. I was only wearing a pink t-shirt and spandex. I went to the bathroom and fixed myself up. I didn't feel like changing because the only people that were here was two gay guys and Calum, who was the farthest from interested. I let them crash here last night because of all the fighting and I didn't want to be alone.

I walked downstairs and peaked into the living room. Calum was sprawled out on the couch and Kim and Ash were cuddling on the floor.

I walked to the kitchen and started making eggs, bacon and toast. I laid out some orange juice too.

"What's all this?" Calum asked and I looked over my shoulder.

"Breakfast for the neutrals." I chuckled and gave Calum his plate. Since I've known him for so long I know how much he eats.

"Thanks Pay, this is so cool of you." He smiles at me before digging in to his eggs. I just smiled back then went to get the other boys plates ready. As if on que they walked into the kitchen.

"Jeez Payton, put on some clothes or you just might turn me straight." Ashton winked at me and everyone laughed.

"Oh now that you're out you get to make all those gay jokes you've been saving." I laugh and get my plate after giving Kim and Ash theirs. They both thank me and we sit and eat.

"What are you guys going to do about everything that happened yesterday?" Kim asked.

I haven't really let myself think about it. Michael's fight with Luke. Alex's fight with Michael. My fight with Alex. How I found out my dad was sleeping with Alex's mom.

He's technically still married until my mom signs those papers. Why would she sleep with a married man? Why would a married women sleep with him? I needed to get answers from Alex.

"I don't really know. Payton, you got any ideas?" He says and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh um, I could talk to Michael." I offered and they all agreed.

"I hate to ask." Calum said with food in his mouth. "Can you talk to Luke too?"

I thought for a minute before I realized Luke was angry about what happened with me and him so the only way to fix that was with me talking to him.

"Yea I'll try." I said and wiped my mouth with the napkin. Ashton was about to say something but there was a knock at the door. I looked at the boys then got up to get it. I walked to the door and swung it open.

"Hey." Tyler said awkwardly in the doorway. I moved out of his way so he could come inside.

"Hey. I didn't see you leave last night." I said.

"Yea things were a bit heated so I just snuck out." He said and put his hands in his pockets. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." I said while looking at my feet. Then I looked back up to him. "Want breakfast?" I offered.

"Nah I ate. What are you doing today?"

"I-"

"We're gonna get going. Thanks so much for everything." Ashton said coming towards the door. I smiled as he kissed my cheek. I gave Kim a hug before he followed Ash out the door.

"I'm going to try to mend some friendships and relationships. Wanna help?" I asked and he smiled and nodded.

"Bye Pay. See you and band practice tonight?" Calum asked walking towards the door.