Chapter 20

Paytons POV

I quickly texted Mikey telling him to come to my house ASAP. I drove Luke and I to my house. I got out and so did he. We met at the front of the car, the lights shining on us.

"I'm disappointed in the way you acted tonight." He said it like he was my parent. I just rolled my eyes and walked passed him. As I did he grabbed my arm a bit aggressively. "I'm not joking around Pay."

"Huh, well I don't care. She deserved whatever I said. She's the one who shoved me remember?" I ask turning to him.

"Because you pushed her first. You have had anger problems for awhile but this is gonna get ugly." He said and I just smirked.

"You have no idea." I raised an eyebrow and yanked my arm out of his grip before walking up to my door and going inside.

"TRISH?" I yell.

"IN THE KITCHEN!" I hear her voice and I follow it into the kitchen. She was chopping and putting some fruits and vegetables in a blender. I sat on a stool on the other side of the counter.

"How was the party?" She asked glancing up from the cutting board.

"It was a bust. My friend left early because his girlfriend and I got in a fight. And some guy was hitting on me." I explain and reach for a banana but she slaps my hand. Not too hard though.

"Those are for your mother." She giggles and I stick out my tongue. "I'm actually glad I get this chance to speak to you."

"Aren't you always glad to speak to me?" I ask over exaggeratively and grab an apple from the fridge. Trish waited until I was sitting down to continue.

"Of course, but I have a favor to ask. Its probably going to sound a bit sudden." She said," I got a chance to go to a nursing class in LA for a week."

"Oh sweet! Congrats!" I cheer.

"Thanks and I really don't trust my son at home alone. I guess what I'm trying to ask is instead of being paid this week coming up, if my son could come and stay here until I get back?"

I ponder what my answer should be. I put on a thinking face and think of the pros and cons.

"I wouldn't mind. As long as diapers won't have to be changed." I giggle and take a bite out of my apple.

"Oh thanks you're a doll. And trust me. There is no diapers being changed." She giggles and starts the blender. "BY THE WAY THE STUFF YOU WANTED ME TO GET IS BY YOUR DOOR!" She yells over the blender.

I nod and give a thumbs up before going up to my room. I pick up the two stuffed plastic bags and carry them into my room. I set them on my bed and begin emptying the items onto my bed. I then make sure everythings there.

"Streamers, balloons, candy and popcorn, full Twilight Saga.. Oh no wheres?.. Oh there.. Pokemon poster with a Pikachu stuffed animal. Too cute." I nod.

I begin to hang up streamers, blow up balloons and hang them as well as leaving some on the ground. I grab extra pillows and blankets for the bed. I hide the pokemon things and put on Twilight. Then I threw on my 5SOS tank and some pokemon pajama pants. Imma nerd, I know.

To Mikey: Come over. I need to give you your present!!!!

I quickly got a reply which was strange.

From Mikey: Then open the door dummy!!!!

I chuckled and walked over to my bedroom door. I forgot I locked it. After unlocking it I swung it open revealing my best friend wearing matching pajama pants as me. He was wearing the whole outfit though. Even a hat that looked new.