Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Alex's POV

(This chapter is all about music haha)

"Her boyfriends a dick, he brings a gun to school. And he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth. He lives on my block and drives an IROC. But he doesn't know who I am, and he doesn't give a damn about me.

Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby, yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby, listen to iron maiden baby with me."

The boys jammed out to Teenage Dirtbag, and I sat on the couch alone watching them. They were just having fun and the song was incredible. I'd always loved this song and I thought it was a coincidence that they were playing it today.

Payton couldn't show up for band practice because she had to work, but honestly I didn't mind.

I mouthed the words as Michael went into his solo.

He didn't sing, and then Ashton and Calum stopped playing. "Alex, come up here and sing with me."

I shook my head. "N-no, I can't sing."

"C'mon babe, I can't do it without you." Michael pleaded. I knew he could, he was an amazing singer. I gave in, and walked over to them, standing next to Michael. He moved the mic so we could both sing into it.

They started to play again and Michael started to sing. He nudged me and I joined in.

"...man, I feel like mold it's prom night and I am lonely, low and behold. She's walking over to me, this must be fate, my lips start to shake. How does she know who I am? And why does she give a damn about me?"

"Because you're incredible," I mumbled into the mic.

"Aw," Ashton said from his drum set as we went into Luke's solo.

"I've got two tickets to iron maiden baby, come with me Friday, don't say maybe. I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby like you."

I didn't sing along in the last verse, just admired them. "Oh yeah, dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missing. Oh woah, dirtbag. No she doesn't know what she's missing."

"You lied when you said you couldn't sing." Michael stated.

"No, I didn-"

"You can sing." Luke said, cutting me off.

"Thanks.." I said, blushing. I went back to the couch and sat down to let them continue their practice.

"Weren't you gonna show us a new song, Luke?" Ashton asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." he said, picking up his guitar.

He began to play and I could tell the song was slow. "Even when the sky is falling down, even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet.

Even when we try to say goodbye, and you can cut the tension with a knife in here.

And I know what'll happen, if we get through this.

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to its knees, baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out. And if the skyscrapers tumble down and crash around, baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out.

Cause I feel so damn lost and it comes with a cost of being alone.

Everything is falling down were suffering helpless thoughts and out we sing, prayers go to the sky.

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to its knees baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out. And if the skyscrapers tumble down and crash around baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out.

And if we fall, its not your fault. Shadows covering, our selfish foes. And as our love can go out on a high note.

Even when the sky is falling down, even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet. Around my feet!

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to its knees baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out.

Gotta get, gotta get, gotta get out.

And if the skyscrapers tumble down and crash around baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out.

We just gotta get out

We just gotta get out." Luke finished the song and I clapped. It was beautiful.

"That was amazing." Ashton said.

"Insanely amazing!" I said in excitement.

"Thanks," Luke said, "I even wrote out who sings what..."

"Looks like we have our next song." Michael said, with a smile.

"Woohoo!" Ashton said in excitement.

"I've gotta go to the bathroom, ill be right back." Michael said, putting down his guitar.

"So, Michael's birthday is coming up." Luke stated, once Michael was out of the room.

"It is?" I asked. He never told me. Ill have to think of something he'd like to get him.

"Yeah, November 20." Luke said.

"We wanted to plan him a surprise party," Ashton said.

"A huge surprise party." Luke added.

I nodded. "That sounds like a great idea." I said. "Do you have any thoughts on what I should get him?"

"Well," Calum started, "he's really into video games. Like he spent five years of his life locked up in his room." he said and they all laughed.

"He likes to wear bracelets too," Ashton added, "maybe you could get him a few of those."

"Ill figure something out." I said with a shrug.

Ooh a surprise party for Michael, that's exciting! :D comment your thoughts on the story..

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. We follow back :)

Thanks for 700+ reads!!!

-Amanda_Styles69 <3