Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Alex's POV

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked Luke, as soon as I saw him when I got to school the next day.

"If you're referring to yesterday, yeah I'm okay. I'm just confused as fuck." he answered, running a hand through his hair.

I nodded. "I know how you feel."

He shook his head. "They weren't pushing you to leave."

"Michael took me home as soon as you left." I said with a sigh. "I got kicked out just like you, the only reason I was there was because I refused to let Michael go unless he explained the emergency."

"Mike can't say no to you." he said with a tiny smirk.

A smile grew on my lips and I nodded. "But that didn't stop him from hiding it from me."

"Hiding what exactly?" Luke asked.

"I don't know." I said with a shrug. "Something with her mom."

"I don't see why it's a secret." Luke said shaking his head. "I'm her boyfriend. Why does that piece of shit Tyler know and not me?!" Luke said, sounding angrier.

I shrugged again. I was asking the same questions as Luke, what was going on? Payton hates Tyler, why would she tell him? It almost looked like they were the couple. Not her and Luke. Luke was getting really jealous and if I were Payton I would watch my steps unless she wanted to lose him.

"He looked like he was her boyfriend last night. He was comforting her and wrapping his arms around her. I should have been the one doing that." he rambled on. He continuously ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "We've gotta do something about that dick."

"I don't really like him either." I admitted. "And you're right, she's your girlfriend. I'd feel the same way."

He nodded. "Michael's coming." Luke said tilting his head in Michael's direction. "He's easiest to crack, if we're gonna find something out its gonna be from him."

"Hey," Michael said softly, wrapping his arm around my waist. "You ok?" he asked Luke.

He crossed his arms and nodded. "Yeah I'm fine, I just wanna know why everyone knows what's going on besides me."

"She doesn't know." Michael said in a quiet voice referring to me.

"Why the hell does Tyler know and we don't?" Luke asked, his anger still boiling inside.

"It's personal." Michael said, looking at the ground. "Look, it's not my secret to share. It's really sensitive to Payton, you're gonna have to get it from her."

"How can I when that douche is all over her?"

"Give her time." Michael said simply.

"I hate you sometimes." Luke mumbled.

"I know," Michael said, "but you love me most the time."

Luke rolled his eyes, hiding a smile from his face. He was still frustrated from the situation.

"Payton will tell you when she's ready," Michael said, pulling me towards him. "We should get going." he mumbled against my war.

"I'll see you later, Luke." I said and he nodded, as Michael and I walked away.

"Why is she keeping this from Luke?" I questioned when we were down the hall.

"It's really hard on her." Michael said.

"But it's her mom right?"

Michael nodded. "That's why. Luke doesn't get that part. It was obvious from who was being placed in the ambulance. I can't talk about what's going on, but the reason I know and he doesn't is because I've known her longer and were best friends. It's logical, she'll tell him when she's ready. Plus we both have bad experiences with our moms, it's easy for us to understand one another."

"I don't like being out of the loop."

"It's just that her mom has a tumor.." Michael said finally revealing the truth. "Don't tell Luke, as I said she'll tell him when the times right for her. It's hard on her that's why she keeps it from everyone. She doesn't want pity."

I felt bad for Payton and this made me think that every time we got in a fight I made her life a little bit worse. I bit my lip, feeling guilty.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"How many times we've fought, and how many times I've ruined her day when she has to deal with this."

"Don't feel guilty about that." Michael assured me. "Fighting is in Payton's blood she was doing it long before you arrived."

I nodded, feeling a little better but it was still in the back of my mind.

* * *

From: Luke

This is bothering me so much.

>:-(

To: Luke

Payton will tell you when she's ready, Michael's right. But I'd focus on Tyler.

"Who you talking to?" Michael questioned as we sat on the couch together.

"Just Luke." I replied.

"Still wondering what's going on?"

I nodded. "You can't blame him, I mean Tyler was all over Payton. Plus he knows when Luke doesn't and Luke's her boyfriend."

"I know. But Tyler only knows because his mom works for Payton." Michael said.

"Works for her?" I questioned.

"She basically babysits Payton's mom while she goes to work and school and stuff like that." Michael explained.

"I don't get why she doesn't just tell Luke. He would just comfort her and be there for her."

"She likes being independent." he said. "Enough about Payton and Luke and Tyler....lets focus on us."

Michael connected our lips, moving over me and placing one hand in my hair and the other on my cheek.

I kissed him back, knowing this was going to go to making out like it has many times. It was exciting every time no matter how many times we did. I could never get tired of kissing Michael.

Our tongues moved together as his hand was now moving down, around my shoulders and down my arms to my waist.

He kept his hand placed on my hip for a while before he moved it to the hem of my pants. I was getting nervous, because we'd never done anything like that. I'd never done anything like that.

He pulled the button open and I panicked. I had to stop him.

"Michael," I said pulling away and panting. "I'm sorry." I said right away, moving his hands away.

He looked confused but his eyes softened. "It's okay, you don't have to apologize for that." he assured me. "But if you don't mind, why not?"

I shrugged crossing my arms. "I've never done anything like that." I admitted quietly.

He placed a quick loving kiss on my lips. "I'm sorry." he said. "I didn't know. We'll take things slow."

I was happy to have Michael. Most guys would dump you if you didn't take your clothes off for them.

Hey guys, how'd you like that scene? Haha Michael was ready to go places if you know what I mean.

What do you think of Payton hiding the secret from Luke should she just tell him?

And don't you just hate Tyler? I do!

Lol, thanks for reading :) love you shy people

COMMENT

vote and follow c:

-Amanda_Styles69