Chapter 6

Paytons POV

A brain tumor.

Out of everything in the world there had to be a brain tumor.

I've known about my moms brain tumor ever since I was thirteen. That's when my dad left because he couldn't handle it. He left me alone to be the mom to my own mom. What a dick. Luckily I had Michael and his family there to help us through it. She was getting better, she even started to talk here and there.

Last night my mom fell off her chair when I was feeding her and blood began coming out of her ears. This happened before but a while ago.

I got my mom to the hospital and called Michael. He's the only one who knows about my mom. He swore to secrecy. Not that I was ashamed it's just I didn't want people treating me differently.

I have been at the hospital all night Michael said him and his mom were coming to get me in the morning and bring me home. When my mom has these collapses it usually takes up to a week for her to be able to come back home.

I sat on the cold uncomfortable waiting chair with my coffee. People are probably wondering why Michael and I aren't at school.

I notice Michael and his mom walk into the room and I stand up.

"Payton!" Michael says running up to me and hugging me.

"Are you ready hun?" Michael's mom said and I nodded. I was pretty tired from staying up all night. I hadn't cried because I was so used to things like this. I'm so glad that the Cliffords know not to ask if I'm okay.

Michael walks out of the hospital with me with his arm around my shoulder. He was used to comforting me in these situations.

We went back to Michaels house in silence. When we got there I went straight for the shower. I let the cold water wake me a little then got dressed in my extra clothes I always keep here.

I did all my morning stuff then crawled into Michael's bed. Michael joined me after awhile. There was no word so I just cuddled up to his chest. I tried staying awake but let me tell you, that boy's chest is so damn comfortable. Soon enough my eyes closed and I was asleep.

--**--

"Pay wake up. We gotta go to practice." Michael said as he shook me. I groaned into my pillow. "Don't make me." Michael threatened and I groaned again. Michael began tickling my super ticklish sides and I laugh and squirm uncontrollably.

"I'm awake! I'm awake!" I shout. through laughs. I look up and Michael is on top of me and he stops tickling me.

"Got off yoy fatass!" I screamed and pushed him over and we both laughed. He always can cheer me up. That's why he was my best friend.

"Lets goooooo!" Mikey whined and dragged me out the door we said goodbye to Mikey's mom and go to the garage. Everyone's already there and setting up. Even Alex.

"Hey babe." She said and got up to kiss him. Ick.

I walk over to Luke and help him with his mic again.

"Why weren't you and Mike at school today?" He asks. I quickly come up with a lie.

"The car wouldn't start so we decided to stay home."

"I coulda came and got you guys."

"Nah why go to school when you have an excuse not to." I say and we laugh.

"Well you missed a assembly about this dance next friday night." He said without making eye contact with me.

"Oh, oh well its not like we go to those things anyway." I shrug and finish fixing the mic.

"Actually we get to play at the dance." He said and I was shocked. Looks like Michael forgot to tell me something.

"Well then I guess I need a theme so I can go and get a dress." I laugh.

"Its under the stars" He said and looked away from me.

"Okay you guys we need to start if we are going to kill it at the dance. Lets go!" Ash shouted and Luke and I smiled at each other and I walked to the couch next to Alex.

They started to play Give Me Love and Michael was smiling at Alex as he played guitar. Alex was smiling back. Puke.

We watch them rehearse for awhile then I get tired again so I go to the living room and turn on Finding Nemo then go to sleep again.

Hey. So the last two chapters are to give a little insight into the lives of Payton and Alex. I hope you enjoy. And if you do dont be afraid to tell us!!

I think we are far enough in this story for this question..

Are you Team Alex or Team Payton? Tell us in the comments!!(:

~AlexisMurphy1D