Chapter 18

Payton's POV

I sat patiently in the break room. I sipped on my tea. I hate the cold weather. There was other workers in the break room but I didn't know anyone. I kinda just kept to myself at work.

"Hey Payton there is a customer asking for you personally." A worker said opening the door. She didn't say it to me she sorta said it in general. Probably because she didn't know who I was.

I set my tea down and walked to the counter but nobody I knew was there. I looked at the worker curiously.

"Over there." She said and rolled her eyes. Jeez.

I walked over to a table that had Luke, Ashton, Calum and Tyler. I smiled at Luke and sat down next to him.

"Hey babe." He greeted me with a smile and a peck on the cheek. I blushed and glanced at Tyler who had a look of disgust. I rolled my eyes.

"What's he doing here?" I said coldly and gestured to Tyler.

"Don't be rude Pay. I invited him." Ashton said.

"Don't worry I wasn't all up for it either." Luke whispered in my ear and I smirked.

"No dirty talk at the table Lukey!" Calum said and through a half and half thing at him.

"You love it." Luke said flirtly to Cal and winked at him. We all laughed.

"Wheres Mikey?" I asked taking a piece of cookie from Calum.

"He went to hang out with Alex. He figured you didn't want her here and he didn't want her feeling left out." Calum said. I was paying attention but it drifted when Luke placed his hand on my thigh. It wasn't sexual or anything but it just caught me off gaurd.

"Hey Payton, I can cover for you if you want to head out." The girl I met on my first day said.

"Oh you don't have to. I can-"

"I insist." She cuts me off and I smile. I still don't even know her name.

Oh wait. Name tag. Wow I'm dumb. I quickly glanced at her name tag before she turned around.

"Thanks Vicky!" I holler after her and she just waves her hand in the air.

"Wanna go?" Luke asked me.

"Where we going?" Tyler asked and we glared at him. Now Ash and Cal were giving us curious looks waiting for an answer.

"We can all go to my house." Luke offered. We all agreed and I threw off my apron and got into the car.

We drove to Luke's and all walked inside. It looked like no one was home. It always seems like nobody's home. Weird.

"I'll get drinks. Go into the living room." Luke said and we followed his order. I sat on the couch next to Ashton and there was an empty spot next to me for Luke. Calum and Tyler sat on the floor facing us. Weird.

Luke came in and handed all of us red solo cups with a pitcher of Root Beer. We all poured ourselves some.

"Okay, so we should start planning the party right?" Calum said as he put his drink between his legs. Luke nodded as he sat next to me throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"We already planned some of it with Alex." Ashton said.

Most of the rest of the night was filled with planning Michael's party. We actually got some good ideas in. Thank god I was so busy with planning I didn't even noticed Tyler staring at me.

What am I saying?! Of course I noticed. It was getting creepy. I'm not going to be a conquest for him so he can just stop.

"Bye." I said to Ashton and Calum as they left with Tyler. The night really flew by.

Luke shut the door and now we were all alone in the house. Luke turned to me and bit his lip.

"Finally we're alone." He said before placing a hand around my waist and the other on my cheek.

He lightly kissed me at first but then pulled me into the kiss. The feelings I get when I kiss him never seem to fade or change do they?

He pulled away from me and looked right into my eyes.

"I like you a lot Payton." He said and I blushed.

"Now don't go all soft on me, Hemmings." I said grabbing a handful of his shirt and pulling him into another kiss.

--**--

I laid in Luke's bed. I laid on my side and Luke's arm wrapped around me. I could hear soft snoring in my ear. I smiled at how cute he was. If you told me last year, I would be in Luke's bed with him I would have said you were dumb.

I decided I needed to go home because Trish is probably waiting. I slowly lifted Luke's arm and carefully got out of bed. Then I placed Luke's hand down.

I grabbed my pants from the floor and put one leg in. I struggled with the second and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. Wow I'm clumsy. Then I started hearing a faint chuckle.

"Don't laugh at me." I pouted pulling on my pants.

"Only if you come back to bed." He whispered in his sleepy voice. Oh my, not the sleepy voice.

"I-I have to get home." I whispered. Wait why are we whispering?

"Pleeeeaaaase?" He begged.

"Fine but I need to text Tri- I mean my mom." I quickly fixed and grabbed my phone from the ground. Don't worry I have my bra on.

I quickly texted Trish that I was staying at a friends and that she didn't have to stay. Then I crawled back in bed with Luke.

Where I belong.

Sorry if its a terrible chapter. Don't worry the partay is coming and some other interesting stuff.

But first you must answer questions!!!!!!!

Are you team Alex or team Payton?

Do you ship Malex and/or Puke?

I ship both and I'm Team Payton all the way(:

Comment what you think and don't forget to vote!!

~AlexisMurphy1D