Chapter 7

Chapter 7 
Alex's POV 

"Are you guys hungry?" Michael asked, as the guys finished up the song. "I ordered pizza." 

We all went upstairs and Calum was the first one to the pizza box. "Aww, Michael is this for me?" Calum asked in a sweet voice, letting out a small laugh. 

"No," Michael said with a smile, "it's for Alex." What was for me? Calum moved out of the way, but held the pizza box open. Written in marker on the inside was 'Will you go to the dance with me?

"Michael," I said in a soft voice, "that's so cheesy." I said and we all laughed. 

"But cute right?" 

"Of course." I said, and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "And yes I'll go with you." 

"Aw," Ashton said quietly, but I heard him. I sent him a smile to say thank you, as we all grabbed a piece of pizza. I got why Michael did it like that, we both loved pizza. 

"Thank you for saying yes," Michael said to me, lightly squeezing my knee.

"I wouldn't want to go with anybody else," I said honestly. 

* * *

"Mom, guess what?!" I said, walking into the kitchen with excitement.

"What?" 

"I got asked to the school dance," I said. 

"By that Michael boy?" she asked and I nodded. "Well, good for you honey."

"The theme is under the stars." I explained. "I don't have any money for a dress." 

"Alright, I see what you're getting at." she said, "let me get my purse." I knew we had enough money for me to get a new dress, that was the whole point of moving out here. "Take my card, but don't spend too much." she said.

"Thanks mom," I said, giving her a hug. I thought of how much money I had with this card, but I knew not to go over the top. I could get a dress for less than 100 dollars, and get a few extra things too. Payton crossed my mind, all because of Michael telling me Luke wanted to ask her out. She needed a dress for the dance too, maybe I should try and patch things up and buy her one. 

To: Michael<3
Can I have Payton's number? 

From: Michael<3 
For what? :p 

To: Michael<3
It's a surprise, but I promise it's nice. :) 

From: Michael<3 
Ok... 132-596-3940 

To: Michael<3
Thanks! 

I saved Payton's number and pressed the 'call' button on my phone. It rang a few times and then she answered. "Hello?" 

"Hey, Payton. It's Alex." I said. 

"Why are you calling me?" she asked, sounding angry. 

"I was just gonna go dress shopping for the dance and was wondering if you want to come. I have my mom's credit card I could buy you a dress." I offerred. 

"You? Buy me a dress? HA, that's funny. I don't think so, Alex." she said. "I can afford my own dress." 

She hung up, and the line went dead. Alright, I'm done trying to be nice to that bitch. If she wants to be a bitch she'll see a bitch. I was just trying to be nice to her, but she can never appreciate it.