8 The Halloween Ball

POV Merida

Tight. Tight.  Tight!

 I am trying to make myself feel comfortable in the emerald green long dress. “Anna, this is too much,” I whisper and my cheeks are red when I look down. It even squeezes me there. “Nah! You look beautiful Merida but don’t forget the fairy wings and ears,” she chirps and waves her wand. I feel my ears growing and how a set of wings grow on my back. I groaned and Anna patted my back, “You look pretty Merida. Besides Peter will come soon to pick you up from downstairs,” she smiled.

Arranged, this is what this was, an arranged trap. Anna dressed also, her dress was A-line and bright pink with gold trimmings. “What are you?” I glared at her and she laughed, “Sun goddess.” Then she created a golden sun crown on her head that gave out bright light. “Well, that figures,” I laughed.

We went downstairs but we made a slight detour. “Time to check if Elsa is even halfway done. Her house must be somewhere in this direction since people from Ravenclaw come from here most often,” Anna gave out a sly smirk. I sighed and followed her.

“There she is!” Anna points up and I see Elsa. She is walking downstairs and her hand slides on the railing of staircase. Her dress is a-line and light looking. It has long white sleeves and the breast piece is white. Rest of the dress is ice blue. It has embroidered blue roses on her shoulders and the cut in the middle of the dress starting from her waistline shows out some white fabric from beneath. The edges have embroidery also.

Elsa blushes, “Stop staring.” Her hair is not on the usual tight knot over her head but on a loose French braid. “But you’re stunning!” Anna exhales. I nod, “This I have to agree. So you’re kind of medieval princess?” I pinch the dresses fabric and Elsa laughs, “I guess so.”

We met Punzie downstairs. We still had some time before our dates arrive. She was wearing light purple dress and told us that she wanted to be vampire and she flashed her fangs making us all jump back. “Punz!” Anna laughed to her.

POV Hiccup

This is the worst experiment ever. I am looking at different options. “Should I take the axe or the sword or what?” I whisper when I look at the options. I should be a male Viking because Astrid wanted to be a female. I still don’t know why I agreed to be her.. umm.. date in the Halloween ball for the last year students.

I tie the axe on my waist and then I breathe in deeply before I open the door. I am walking towards the castle while adjusting my belt properly on it’s place. Brown is a good color for Viking, I think. I glance at the brown Viking armor that I made from leather. I look over my shoulder and I wish that the dragons will behave in the Forbidden Forest tonight.

WHOOSH. THUMP.

I look in front of me where something just landed from the air. “Hi Toothless!” I laugh and the black dragon walks to me. It frowns to me, “Sorry buddy but you can’t come to the ball. You would steal the show.” I rub him under his neck and he licks me. “Calm down! I will bring you a treat,” I laugh when Toothless pushes me down and rubs its head on my chest.

When Toothless left I had to run the rest of the trip to the castle of Hogwarts. I was a bit late already. “S-sorry!” I panted when I reached Astrid who was waiting me in front door of the castle. She turned around and she was stunning in her white Viking armor. “No problem Hiccs,” she smiled and grabbed my hand.

“Are you certain that this is alright? I mean I don’t use magic and besides. I am a teacher,” I gasped when we walked inside. She laughed, “Sure and you are the same age as last year students. I don’t think that principal North will mind if you have some fun.”