Chapter-60

Neil rubbed his eyes ,stretched his arm to get hold of Sam but found the bed empty. He panicked and sat up to relax immediately finding her standing leaning against the door, her back to him as her body shook in mirth. He quickly joined her, ''What makes you this happy?''

She pointed out to the drama in the hall. Anya kept running in circles around the table with Radhika in tow, the girl was smart enough to dodge her mother every time she was close, ''WOW ! She is smart for her age.''

''This comes with lot of practice, and Anya mastered it.'' She then pointed towards Arjun who rocked Anusha loving waking her up. ''I thought he is putting her back to sleep.'' Neil joked.

Radhika passed by them and lightly slapped Anusha's butt, ''Up now, I don't want you to be late for school.'' Anusha blinked, she looked at Arjun who gently rubbed the place patting her back on his as she rested her head on his shoulder. Turning to Anya Radhika warned, '' And you, inside the room before I pull your ears.''

''Mommy , no school today. I want to play with Sammy.'' Anya stomped

''This happens every time I am here.'' Sam informed Neil

Anya dodged her mother again and ran to Neil this time surprising all, ''How did this happen?'' Neil gathered her not letting radhika close

''I explained them he is a good man and my best friend.'' Arjun explained pecking Anusha's forehead

''Chashni, it's just one day'' Neil tried to reason

''Sam will be out for her assignment and you will accompany her. What are these 2 going to do at home? Above all, no bunking of school.''

As she took Anya from Neil, the little one dramatically screamed for help, ''Good boy save me.'' Neil smiled, Arjun's daughters had stirred something in him. He too wanted to be a father, a kid whose tantrums he wanted to tend to.

After half an hour, the duo were ready to have the breakfast looking all dull, something Arjun couldn't stand, ''Fine, no school today.'' The girls squealed jumping on him. He held them lovingly as they poured all their affection on him, ''Go play.''

His eyes met his angry wife's, ''What ? Its fine, it's not like that they will have to write boards that they can't miss a day.''

''You are spoiling them.'' She pointed her forefinger at him.

''You are a hitler!'' That came from Neil who looked agitated at her anger towards the kids. ''They are so innocent, how can someone be angry at them.''

Sam rubbed his back, ''You don't know those little devils. And chashni, I will be at home so don't worry about them.'' Radhika smiled at Sam and slapped Neil's head for scolding her.

***

Nandini smiled at the visitor who stood in the main hall staring at the family pictures on the walls, ''How are you Rajeev?''

Rajeev turned, returned her smile with his, ''I am good, long time.''

''Not so long, we met when I was in Singapore.'' She replied gesturing him to sit

Rajeev waited for the staff to leave after placing the refreshments, ''So what have you thought about us?''

Nandini fidgeted , though friends with him for long she had never thought of developing romantic feelings for him, yet she did. They had been in relationship for past 1 year, they both had decided to keep it secret with no commitments for now, but Rajeev had developed a strong attachment to Nandini.

''Rajeev, let it be the way it is.''

''I want to marry you''

''What will our families think? Marriage at this age.'' She was sceptical