Chapter-53

'''You thought I will do something I shouldn't.'' Neil asked reading the terrible expression on Arjun's face. Arjun had panicked when Neil didn't answer his repeated calls, he had even called Prerna, Sam and given an earful to them. He had frantically searched for his friend on the roads but found him at home, sitting in dark.

''You refused to answer calls''

''I lost me phone.'' Neil shrugged his shoulders

''Or you dropped it intentionally.''

''No, I lost it. Never mind , how are the girls? When do I get to see them?'''

Arjun's face glowed in strange pride, ''They are just amazing. I don't feel like leaving them for a moment.'' His eyes fell on his childhood friend, ''What are you planning to do next Neil?''

''Sam wants a divorce, she is in pain because of me. What I should be doing?'' Neil stared at Arjun waiting for his friend to reply, he them smiled reading the tense expression, ''I know what am I going to do, I will win my love back. Either its me or no one, she doesn't know what crazy Neil can do.''

Arjun took a breather, ''Thank God! Can I ask you something, how did you reach this point. I never thought that you would hurt Sam.''

Neil sighed, ''Me too. But guess that's what life is, when I broke my engagement with Soniya to marry Sam, Mom threatened to break all ties with me. I never took it seriously , even when Sam asked me to wait and get her approval. I was sure she would come around to her only Son, she didn't. Her health deteriorated yet she kept her distance leaving me frustrated and angry. I was angry on myself, the relationships between the two families started turning sour. My mother and Piyali aunty taunting each other at every possible occasion. One such day I happened to be at same place. It was a party, I didn't hear what Mom said to Piyali aunty but heard Piyali aunty calling my mother names like selfish. I couldn't bear the insult and lashed out, Sam tried to intervene but ended up at the receiving end. Mom left the place in tears, she is my mother Arjun. I lost my father when I was very young , she bought me up single handily. It pained to see her breaking down and all my helplessness turned into anger on my marriage.''

Neil sighed and walked to the window, ''I know its hard to believe that I would hurt Sam, but I am a human too and I agree I made a grave mistake.''

Arjun walked to him, ''Just tell me if you need help.''

Neil gave his familiar dimpled smile, ''Oh yes, convince Chashni and your two champs to be on my side, half battle won.''

Arjun laughed, ''I am so in love with my girls and I am glad I have girls, they are so cute.''

''Now you sound like Anya's daddy , I hate boys.'' The friends chuckled. Arjun was happy that Neil had decided to win Sam back, he too wanted his daughters to meet his best friend and bond with him.

***

Radhika peeped into Sam's room, like every morning she wasn't up yet. Radhika stepped in the room, walking over to lying Sam she sat next to her. She gently caressed her head , ''I know you are not asleep.''

''Just feeling low.''

''Sam is there anyone...?'' Radhika was skeptical about Sam falling for someone again

''What do you think?''

''There cannot not be another Neil, and Sam can never love anyone else.'' Sam just smiled at Radhika, it didn't reach her eyes, ''Why are you fighting him so much Sam, even after all this you guys love each other.''

''So do you and Arjun'', Sam retorted.

''Yes I do, and will always. But I won't trust him with Anusha. He broke my heart , I can't let him break my baby's heart.''