Chapter 33

this is actually the last chapter then a sequel yay

& also this is sad sorry

--

[Kellin’s POV]

When I woke up it was to the sound of some buzzing machines. I peaked my eyes open, but immediately shut them when I saw a bright light. I sat there for a few moments trying to remember where the hell I am and what is happening, when it hit me.

I shot up in the bed and looked around frantically for Vic, but I only found an old bald man standing at the foot of my bed. He seemed startled by my sudden awareness. “Oh good, you’re up.”

“Where’s Vic?” I asked hurriedly, the words rolling off my tongue fast. I could hear my heart monitor going off the hook over there, but I couldn’t really control it at this point.

“Don’t worry, he’s in the intensive care unit.” He said calmly.

"Is he okay?!" I asked in a panic, horrified with myself because he's in intensive care because of me. I would never forgive myself. 

“I can’t give you any information about his condition unless you’re a legal guardian.” He explained, but I wasn’t having it.

“I’m his fucking boyfriend, which must count for something. Right?”

“I’m sorry Kellin.”

I sat there on the bed giving an intense stare to the doctor, trying to fight back the overwhelming urge to cry. And when the doctor realized that I wasn’t going to say anything, he went on to say what happened. Turns out I had a serious concussion, and I was knocked out at the force the airbag hit me at. I didn’t have any broken bones or sprains, just a concussion, which I was extremely grateful for. I just wish I knew how Vic was doing. He also explained to me that my legal guardian, my Uncle, wouldn’t be coming up to see me. It didn’t surprise, nor did I really care. “You should be out of here anywhere from one to three days. One if you’re lucky.”

I guess I got extra lucky because I released later that day, with a cab waiting outside to return me to Clairemont Boarding School. I would’ve seen Vic, but visiting hours were over which resulted in me begging the receptionist to let me up for five minutes, but she wouldn’t budge. Nor would she give me any information about Vic and his condition. I was downright annoyed when I got into the taxi. I arranged to see him tomorrow with Tony and Jaime, also to ask them two if they knew anything about Vic.

After getting a shower and all cleaning up from the hospital, I headed down the hall to Jaime and Tony’s door and knocked two times. Not even thirty seconds did Jaime answer the door with a frown.

“I’m guessing you’ve heard.” He nodded then stepped aside to let me in.

“We were gonna come visit you, but they wouldn’t let us since you weren’t conscious yet. And by the time we heard that you were, you were already getting discharged.” He said sincerely.

“Don’t worry about it man, no hard feelings. Do you guys know anything about Vic though?”

They exchanged worried glances with each other, like if they said it the wrong way it would potentially kill me, which made me even more nervous than before.

“What happened..?” I asked hesitantly, afraid to know the answer.

“We overheard from one of the doctors that there was a seventeen year-old was in a coma due to an accident going into a seizure, we’re not sure if they were talking about Vic or not, but we’re pretty sure they were.”

I stood at them with a blank stare, not knowing how to take the information. Not letting it soak in the right way because I was too scared of what would happen if I did.