Chapter 18

have fun with this chapter wink wink 

--

[Kellin's POV]

For the rest of that night, I just sat there against my little rock and watched the waves. I would be lying if I said I wasn't on my phone from time to time though.

I had been down here for about 3 hours, just enjoying the peace and beautiful of nature, and basking in the awesomeness of my two songs. I should've went back a while ago I suppose, Vic is probably wondering where I am, even though he practically hates me now. I just didn't want to leave yet though. I felt at peace, content with the moment that has been created. So until I was ready to go back, I wasn't going to be moving.

After like 20 more minutes of just sitting there though, my butt started to go numb and it got windier as the clouds rolled in. The forecast called for rain today, so I guess I should get back before I get drenched. That would be a tragedy. And so with that being said I started my hike back up the sandy hill, and back to the dorms. Not being at the ocean brought be back to reality and made me think about what happened with Vic earlier today.

Just as I suspected, he didn't take it well. Which annoyed me because he knew what he was doing, it's not like I forced him into anything. He can keep this game up for as long as he wants, I'm done waiting around for him to actually get serious about us. And I'm done with his mixed signals. I mean, one moment he's all kind and sweet to me, and the next he shuts me out and treats me like a piece of dirt. All his mood swings are starting to give me whiplash I swear.

Speaking of Vic, when I was almost at the dorm I ran into Tony. I like Tony, he's shy when you first meet him, but when he finally loosens up around you he's a pretty cool guy. He reminds me of myself. When he saw me he walked up to me and actually started the conversation for once.

"What's up man?" He asked, trying to be casual, but I knew there was something else on his mind he wanted to talk about.

"Just heading back to the dorm. What about yourself?"

"Nothing much, just roaming around." He said, but he started up again before I could respond. "Anyways, I think you should talk to Vic."

"Wait, what?" I asked, being taken by surprise, he jumped right into that.

"I think you should talk to Vic. I know you like him, and I know that he likes you. Talk to him about it and see what he says." Tony proposed.

I couldn't help but scoff at his comment. "Vic doesn't like me."

"Yes he does, actually. He's stubborn and scared, and if you want something to happen then you have to get him to trust you." Tony explained.

"What could he possibly be scared about?" I asked in disbelief. He's Vic. He's not scared of anything and nothing can hurt him. That's the facade he's put on.

"You're not the only one with a history here Kellin." He said, and walked off leaving me confused and conflicted. That's what he does best, he'll go all fortune cookie on me and then leave me to figure out the rest.

I groaned in annoyance and trudged back to the dorm building and up the stairs. When I got into the room, I saw Vic on his bed, talking to someone over the computer. Most likely his parents again. I wasn't in the mood to talk right now, so I set my notebook down and left the room again, without saying a word. I don't even think Vic looked up from his computer.

Is this how it's going to be from now on? Us two avoiding each other’s' existence? I honestly thought that he would be okay with what happened last night, but yet here he is shutting me out like he always does. God he's so confusing, one minute it's 'oh let's treat Kellin like he's a gem and pamper him' and the next its 'oh let's ignore Kellin and act like I hate him', he needs to make up his mind.