Chapter 28

sorry in advance oops 

i didn’t proof read either so bare with me

--

[Kellin's POV]

For the rest of the day we basically hung around and did nothing, however we did play an old song of ours as a band. I felt good to play with the boys again, I liked knowing that we could create something so cool and special with just a couple instruments.

And when Vic heard my voice it’s was like he struck on some gold or something, because he flipped out. He came running up to me with this shit grin on his face, and hugged the poop out of me. He was totally flabbergasted that I could sing a little, and he loved it. Me, personally, I don’t think my voice is that good, but whatever floats his boat I guess.

Right now though, we were having a bonfire in Justin’s back yard. His parents had those cool chairs that were like recliners, so needless to say we’d be out here for a while. We were telling campfire stories now, ones that were supposed to be scary, but weren’t. The only person who could even remotely scare me with campfire stories is Jack, and he didn’t plan on telling any tonight so I was all good. But I listened to the story Matty was telling nonetheless.

“The year was nineteen-eighty-four, and news got out that a family of three was murdered by an old lady in Oklahoma City. No one knows how it really happened, or why she did it, but I do. Because my Aunt was bunking with her in jail.”

“You’re a load of shit.” Jesse laughed, interrupting him. Matty told him to shut up and moved on.

“It all started on a Friday night, the woman and her husband were coming back from the movies when a big truck slammed into their car, killing her husband. Later on the old lady found out that it was a family of three that took her husband’s life away, so from then on she vowed to kill every family of three in her town, living out her husband’s death and making them pay. And kill she did, one by one she murdered each one of those families and buried them. The police were after her for a while, and it was only when the little girl called the police without the old lady knowing did she get caught. But before the police got there, the family was slaughtered to death. When the lady was sentenced to life in prison they finally started finding all the families she killed, and it came to a total of twelve families. She died in her jail cell, but legend says that her ghost still hunts families of three, still killing them one by one.” He finished.

I wasn't fazed, but it looks like Vic was a little shaken up. “That’s not funny, I have a family of three!”

“Better watch yourself then, Fuentes. Wouldn’t want the old hacksaw lady coming and murdering your parents.” Jack teased. I chucked at the whole scene as Vic huffed and crossed his arms, pouting.

The party continued on with s’mores and hotdog roasting. I only had one s’more, while Vic had like 10 and 3 hotdogs. You would think because of how small he is he wouldn’t really have an appetite, but boy the man could eat. I was amazed myself, that’s the most he’s ever ate around me.

“If you don’t slow down you’re gonna get sick babe.” I warned him. The last thing I wanted to do was to be cleaning up all his throw up.

“I’m fine. I always eat this much at campfires, it’s my calling time.” He joked as he shoved another s’more down his throat. I shook my head and mentally cursed his stubbornness.

I tried to push my annoyance out of the way, but the more the party when on, the more annoyed I got. Vic was being really loud and obnoxious, and I was basically being ignored by everyone. Every time I tried to talk or say something, Vic had something better else to say. I was just a voice in the wind, and I wasn’t having it. I stood up, and started walking back to the hotel. I’m done being ignored.