Chapter 9

here have a chapter bYE

--

[Kellin's POV]

Those few words were enough to make my blood run cold and my face turn pale. He can't know about my Uncle, the more people that know the worse it is. That's the reason why only Jesse knows, and we can see how that one turned out.

"What about them? They're from Ronnie and Chris, no big deal." I tried to play it off as cool, hoping he would buy it.

"Kellin, you've been at this school for maybe about 2 weeks, the bruises on your stomach are way older than 2 weeks. And you have belt lashes on your back, care to explain?" Vic interrogated. This is so bad, like really bad. How am I going to get out of this one?

"I don't have to explain anything to you. Just leave me alone." I shot back, hoping he would just listen to me and let it go, but that was just wishful thinking. This is Vic we're talking about here.

"Listen, I've saved your ass a total of 3 times since you've been here. I think the least you can do is tell me why you have all of these bruises and welts on your body!" He snapped at me, obviously annoyed with my resistance.

"Have you ever heard of privacy? Maybe I don't want you to know about the markings on my stomach and back! Yes, I get that you've basically saved my life 3 times, but I didn't ask you to, and that still doesn't give you the right to know things I don't want you to know. Now can we just drop this please?" Who does he think he is demanding answers like that? Regardless, even if he did save me a few times that doesn't give him the right to know such personal information. He doesn't even know my middle name.

After my little speech Vic just stared at me, brown eyes boring into my own blue ones. It was like he was searching my eyes for the answer, and I looked everywhere but his. It was starting to get a little awkward after about 2 minutes of just avoiding his intense stare. I looked back at him to tell him to stop looking at me, but he spoke before me.

"You were abused weren't you?" He asked, eyes filled with something I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was like he was waiting for me to look back at him, so he could see what my eyes said, and how they reacted compared to my face and voice.

I hated when people do that, because my eyes are like an open book if you're smart enough to use them to your advantage. That's what Jesse did with me, and now that's was Vic is doing. I tried to keep my calm on the outside, but I was internally screaming and cursing anything and everything. I needed to make this look believable for him to believe me.

"No, I wasn't actually. Since you so desperately need to know, I was bullied worse at my old school than I am here. That's why I moved here, to get away from the bullies. It got so bad that they started breaking my bones, on purpose. So instead of trying to pry your way into my life, stop making assumptions and mind your damn business." I mustered up the best lie I could, praying to the gods that he believed it.

"Then explain why there are belt lashes on your back." He questioned some more, seeing right though my lie.