Chapter 25

i just wanna say thank you to each and every one out there for sticking to this story for so long and getting me almost 50,000 reads. it's such an honor that this stupid story has so much recognition and that so many people like it, so thank you all so much ily 

--

[Kellin's POV]

This is it, today is the day. Three days later, and now we're on our way to the airport to get on our flight. I met Vic's parents too, and they're really kind. They greeted me with open arms and a big hug. It was nice, they've been nicer to me in the first 10 minutes than my Uncle has been to me for the past however many years I was living with him.

Vic's parents are perfectly fine with us dating, turns out they're really accepting and supportive of his and his sexuality. They're good parents, Vic is lucky to have them.

"So Kellin tell me, how long have you and Jesse been friends?" Mrs. Fuentes, or Vivian, she told me to call her, questioned. I explained to them earlier how long we were going to visit them and who all the boys were and whatnot.

"We've been close since kindergarten, but I would say when my parents died we finally became a lot closer. He was really the only person who was there for me, he helped me through it a lot." I shared with them.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry about your parents. If you don't mind me asking, how did they die?" she asked, being her curious self.

"Mom." Vic said, giving her a little look that told her to mind her own business.

"She's fine." I said to him, squeezing his hand a little to tell him that I didn't mind. I turned my attention back to Vivian and spoke. "A big semi-truck ran a red light and hit their car. They were driving back from dinner when it happened. They didn't really want to leave me that night, but I insisted that they went, and now they're dead." I told the story quickly.

Although it was true that I hated telling that story, I didn't want to be rude so I told it anyway. My eyes quickly stung with tears as I fought to hold them back, but it was hard. I hate thinking about that night and how I practically forced them to go. It was my fault, and the guilt will always forever be a part of me.

I think Vic sensed that I didn't like the current topic, so he changed the subject before his mom could even speak. "How much longer until we're there guys?"

"I think you're more anxious to leave than Kellin is." He mom teased, and Vic gave an unamused look to which his mom just chuckled at.

"About twenty minute's mijo." She said, still chuckling to herself a little. I wanted to laugh but I wasn't in the mood. The whole situation kept playing over and over into my head, sending me into a depressed state that I really couldn't stop. I swear it's like my mind thrives to make me upset, by the way it's always focusing on the negatives in life.

I felt Vic wrap a protective arm around my frame, keeping me close to him. I love how he always knows what to do, in that moment he knew I needed comfort and that's exactly what he was giving me. I appreciated it more than he would ever know, but for now to show my appreciation I laid my head on his shoulder, relaxing against him. I saw his mom look back at us and smile a small smile, probably happy to see her son so content and happy. It made me happy to see him so happy, and it made me even happier to know that I was the cause of that.

Absent-mindedly I slipped my hand into Vic's, locking ours together and smiling at how our skin tones differed. His was so dark, and mine was like a porcelain white, it was odd, but with us I thought it was perfect. I thought he was perfect and with every moment I spent with him a felt myself falling deeper and deeper for the small Mexican. My small Mexican.