12.2 A Not So Merry Christmas

GEORGE
[Requested]

Your room was dark as you entered it, and you preferred to keep it that way. For this room reminded you too much of him. All the sweet nothings that were whispered here. The soft kisses, the mornings together. Also all the days lost on trying to get him to talk to you, pay attention to you, love you. It had been no use. He had been in love with another woman. You had lost your love for him long before you had actually realized, but thinking about those better days still... hurt.

You sat down on the large bed, that seemed all too empty now, and wrapped your arms around your pulled up knees. And you cried.

You didn't hear it when he came in, but you did look up to see who it was as he sat down next to you. You immediately burried your head in your arms again, for you didn't want him to see you like this. You had always fancied him a little, with his dark brown eyes and lopsided grin. He was a good friend.

"(Y/N)?" George whispered. He put a hand on your shoulder when you didn't respond, a comforting gesture.

"It was him, wasn't it...?" he asked again. A small nod from you confirmed his suspicion, and he sighed. You had the strange urge to tell George everything that had happened for the last few months. But you didn't. That would have been silly.

Suddenly, you felt George get up from the bed, and you let out a sob, thinking that he had gone back to the other lads downstairs. After all, you couldn't blame him. This was your problem.

But you felt George's weight on the bed again, and in an instant he wrapped his arms around you from behind and pulled you backwards, into him and onto the bed.

As you layed next to George with your head on his chest, not knowing what to say, he slowly inhaled and spoke up.

"I know this will probably only confuse you more, but, will you go on a date with me? Like, Now?" he asked, looking up at the ceiling. You turned you head to meet his gaze, so did he. You must have looked confused, for he continued:

"You seem like you can use some time away from this place. Don't worry, I already talked it over with the lads. Since it's Christmas, I want you to be able to enjoy yourself for a change".

For the first time today, you actually smiled widely, and nodded, laying your head back on his chest again.

"I'd love to, George"

~

"C'mon (Y/N), you can do it!" he laughed as he pulled you onto the ice. You felt your skates slide forward, and before you knew it you were skating. You had done it before, so it wasn't too difficult, but you still fell every now and then, making George laugh as he helped you up again.

After a few test laps and a hot chocolate break, George held out his hand, and you took it. Without warning he pulled you closer to him on the ice, which had probably gone a little smoother in his mind, for you practically fell into his arms with a lot of force. He stumbled for a second, trying to regain his balance, but ended falling backwards with you on top of him.

He bursted out laughing, and you couldn't help but laugh with him, for his laugh was contagious. After a while he probably realized you were laying on top of him, because he chuckled and blushed. It was rather adorable.

You smiled at him, all the thoughts that had troubled you this day dissapearing. You really didn't mind, being here with George, having just plain fun with him. And you had to admit, you had fallen for him pretty hard during your little date. And so you did something rather bold, something that you had wanted to do for so long, something that hadn't been possible until now.

You placed a small kiss on his lips.

Immediately pulling away again, you looked into his eyes. The lad looked almost shocked at first, but before you could start to worry that you had made a mistake, he grinned, and pushed himself up so you were now sitting on his lap.

"That-" he started, getting closer.
"Was amazing"
He gently brushed a strand of hair behind your ear.

A single snowflake landed on his nose. He looked absolutely lovely, with tousled up hair and the edges of his mouth curled up into a smile. His eyes seemed to sparkle, reflecting the yellow glow that the strings of lights that we're put up all along the edges of the skating rink emitted.

With your new found confidence, you smiled at him, and took his hand, putting it against your cheek.
"How about another one?"

He grinned, and leaned in.

I don't know if this is a really good part 2, but I was smiling while writing it.
Hope you enjoyed!

-Rose🌹