1.2 Bottle Spinning And Butterflies

"(Y/N) can go first, since she's the only girl here" George said, and giggled. Those beers were really getting to him if he was giggling.

Ringo handed you the bottle, and you spun it on the tile that John had found and put in the middle of the circle, to provide a steady and even place to spin the now famous bottle on.
It landed on John, and you smirked. "John..." you started slowly. He wiggled back and forth in his place, eager to hear his question. "Have you ever shagged a bird in a bathroom stall?". Whispering and laughing arose, but you shushed the boys. John leaned back and winked. "Not yet, but if you're interested..." he wiggled his eyebrows and you laughed and kicked his leg. You saw Paul giving him a quick glare, and John winking to him too. "Unless you want to, Paulie" he now said in a girly voice. He fluttered his eyelashed and began twirling his finger around a lock of hair. Paul shoved him, and handed him the bottle. "You turn, you ugly wench" he said. John chuckled and spun the thing.

John's spinning bottle had landed on Ringo, and after answering a question about how many times he "beat the meat" per week, and some very red faces, you continued again. This went on for a while, one question even more intimate and weirder than the next, and it was all fun and games untill John's bottle landed on Paul. John looked at him and gave him an evil smirk, then proceeded to ask his question that would turn out to be the end of the game.

"Well Macca, tell us, do you have a crush at the moment?". George gave Paul a toothy grin, and Ringo put his head in his hands and looked at Paul. "Uhm, well..." Paul began, rubbing his neck, unable to find the words.

"Come on, spill it Paul!" George encouraged him. "It's not like she can hear us anyway". You felt your heart sink, and were not sure if you really wanted to know the answer to this question. "Yes, I do, but you guys don't know her" he finally said, letting out a sigh.

That was it.

Suddenly tears pricked your eyes, and you stood up, walking away from the group and into the park, not heading in a specific direction . "(Y/N)?" you heard Ringo say from a distance, but you continuedto walk away, not wanting to talk to them about how you felt about Paul. About feeling in general. You really had thought you weren't crushing in him that hard, but you had, orcourse, been wrong. Like always. He fancied someone else, and you were just a friend to him. Which was great. But also it wasn't.

You found a quiet spot on a bridge, and hung your head over the railing, letting your tears drip into the water below you.

Why did it have to be him?

Ofcourse he wouldn't have liked you too.

He had a band, he was getting rather famous, he could have any girl he wanted.

He didn't need you.

~

You heard footsteps coming up the bridge, gravel crackeling underneath their shoes, but you didn't turn around to see who it was. You already knew, and you were really not ready to face him now. No wait, let's change that to never.

But you had to. This was your fault, having feeling for him, and you didn't want to lose the friendship eighter. But damn, this wasn't what you wanted.

You stopped the sobbing, and now only tears were making their way down across your face, dripping onto your hands and the railing of the bridge. You gripped it a little tighter as the footsteps stopped right next to you, and from the corner of your eyes you saw Paul, leaning his head on his hands and looking over the bridge. You didn't say anything, reluctant to break the silence with words that would hurt what you two had going for almost over a year now. So you waited in silence, and tried to keep yourself from running away as hard as you could, and never having to face him again.

Until he spoke, that was.

"It's you, ya know"
You turned your head, not quite understanding what he just said. He was looking at you, a softness in his eyes you had only seen once before, when he had given you a brand new guitar for your birthday and had watched you play it for about 3 hours straight. The same look was in his eyes now, but this time it was a little different. You sniffed, and wiped away a tear with the back of your hand. "W-what?" you managed to say.

"Here, hang on" he said, stepping closer to you, and cupping your cheek with his hand. It felt felt warm to the touch, and you felt tears welling up in your eyes again, cathing yourself blushing at the same time. He wiped the fresh tears away with his thumb, and slighty tilted his head like he always did when he wanted your attention. "No need to cry love, please" he spoke, softly. "It's you. It had been you from the beginning, since I saw you playing that guitar". He slowly lifted your head up, so you were facing him. He gave you a small smile, and started to lean in, getting closer to your face as he closed his eyes. When his lips touched yours, they were soft and gentle, and it felt like you were melting on the spot. The kiss was short, but long enough for you to understand the message. From that moment, you knew. It was you.

It always had been you

~

-I hope you enjoyed the first imagine of this book, which had to be split into two parts because it was getting rather long. Leave a comment if you have something to say about it, of if you want a request!

Rose🌹-