5.2 Johnny B. Bad

" 'Ello love"
You turned around, only to face one of the Beatle boys, that you had met earlier that night. A smile formed on your lips as he gave you a wink. "Hi! It's... Paul, right?" you asked him, and he made a small bow. "It is indeed" he smiled, and you feel yourself blush a little. He got up again, taking your hand. "So... Do you want to get out of here? Go for a walk or-"

"Like hell you are! "
Another voice, again unexpected, so you turn around again, now facing John. He gives Paul an angry glare, before turning to you and giving you an innocent smile, like he didn't just yell at Paul while running to you at top speed. This was all getting a bit weird, really.

"Ok, what is going on? Because I'm rather confused right now" you ask, pointing at them both.
"Ehm, well..." Paul started, rubbing his neck and facing away. He seemed nervous for some reason.
"Paul tried to come on to you, while I had already said I was going to make a move!" John blurted out.

Wait, what?

"What did you just say John?" you ask him again, this time a little more serious. You didn't really know what he was on about, but it seemed like something he and Paul had discussed before.

"I had already said you were mine!" John said again, not so much talking to you. It was meant for Paul. "Did not!" Paul shouted back. And then, something snapped inside you. What gave them the right to just claim you like that?!

"Alright you two!" you yelled, pushing them apart from each other. "Shut it! I am nobody's, okay? And certainly not of somebody I just met!"

That seemed to shut them up for a minute, which gave you the time to push through them, storming further off into the garden. You wouldn't say Ben's parents were rich, but the weren't poor eighter. So their house and garden were quite big, fortunatley for you. You walked past the barbecue, a little bit too fast. You didn't see where you were going, and rammed yourself fully into the person in front of you.

"Oh, sorry! Are you alright?" a younger boy, who you recognized as George, said hastingly. He tried to pick up his plate with food he had been holding, which had fallen on the grass after your collision. Your mood softened, as he smiled at you cheekily, holding a deceased sandwich (it had passed on. It was no more. It was an ex-sandwich).

"Hey? Aren't you (Y/N)? The singer of The Thunderbolts?" he extended his question. Ah, he knew you too. Ofcourse he did. You nodded. "Yeah, I am. And no, I'm not alright" you added. He looked at you questioningly, and you sighed and explained what happened. After you told him the whole thing, he looked more surprised than annoyed.
"John did that?" he asked. "Are you sure?"

"Well, yeah. Ofcourse I'm sure!" you said, confused. "Why?"

George seemed to be deeply burried in his thoughts before he answered you. "Well... John is never like that, you see. He is always flirting with every girl, and usually doesn't give a damn when Paul takes a girl they had both been eyeing on. He's never done something like this befo-"

"(Y/N!) There you are!"
John walked up to you, looking like he had just found a long lost pirate treasure. He eyed at George, who understood and backed off for a minute, suddenly very interested in the sandwich that looked like it had joined the choir invisible.

"What is it, John?" you snapoed at him, a little meaner than you had actually meant. You saw a flash of panic in his eyes, and he started mumbling. "Well, uhm, I, uh, didn't mean it like that, y'know"

What was this? John Lennon who was looking for words? That was new...

"And what did you mean exactly?" you still had your guard up, not revealing a bit of the guilt you felt for making him stutter like that.

"Well... Okay. I think you are gear,
(Y/N). I liked you from the moment I saw you up on stage earlier tonight, that's why I didn't want Paul talking to you like that..." he looked up from the ground, and into your eyes. "And well, I wanted to ask if you maybe wanted to go out sometime, before all this happened. I understand if you don't want to, I mean, I wouldn't want to afte-"

"Yes, John. That sounds lovely" you interrupt him, and give him a small smile. His face lit up, and he looked rather exited. "Really? Great! How about I pick you up after dinner tomorrow and we go dancing!"
Yeah, there was the old John again. It was strange, it felt like you had known him for years, even though you had just barely met.

"I'd love to go dancing John" you smile, as you walk back to George and Paul, who was already talking to some other girl again.

Maybe being John's girl wasn't so bad after all...

Sorry for all the Monty Python sandwich jokes, I kinda overdid it :')

This chapter was rather short, and this is probably not how real John would've behaved, but I liked the idea of John looking for words for a change, so I just went with it.

Hope you liked it!

-Rose🌹