11. The Pick-up Truck

JOHN

"John, get back inside!" Mal yelled out of the window of the black pick-up.

They were driving back to Liverpool for the weekend, and Mal had offered to give John and Ringo a lift, since George and Paul would be going earlier to visit family. He had also asked Rose, Brians new assistant and roadie, if she wanted to tag along, just because Mal thought she could use some time off to relax. She had been a huge help during the tour, and now it was over they were all exhausted. So now the four of them were on their way, driving in the middle of the night.

"You will never take me alive! Onwards my noble steed" John yelled laughing, and slammed his hands on the top of the car. He had lifted himself out of the back window, and was now standing on the back of the truck, holding on to the roof.

"John, you daft git, get your arse back here!" Ringo yelled back, but he was grinning ear to ear. Mal didn't seem so amused, but had given up, and was now just focussing on the road so John wouldn't accidently fly off the car. Even though that had seemed rather tempting right then.

" C'mon Rosie! Let's live a little ey! Want to get a better view too?" John asked, now sitting on his knees and putting his hand through the back window, finding her shoulder and tugging it. She laughed laudly and slapped his hand away. "Are you insane Lennon?! I'd fall!"

"Ofcourse not!" He laughed. "Here, let me help you" John held out his hand again. Rose looked over at Ringo questionly, and he shrugged. "Better get out there" he answered, motioning in John's direction.
"But what if I fall?" she repeated concerned. John suddenly grabbed hold of her hand and she turned her head to him.

"You won't fall. I promise" he said reassuringly, and gave her a genuine smile.
"Now, come up here lil' birdy"

Rose swallowed, but grabbed on to the edge of the window and lifted herself out of the car too. Mal just looked at her in horror. "You too?! What will I tell Brian when you both go flying off the car now?"

Ringo patted his back with a smile. "Don't worry Mal, it's John, he knows what he's doing"

"Yeah, I bet" Mal sighed and focussed his sight on the road again, now a little more anxious than before.

"Welcome to the top of the world" John laughed, as Rose slowly grabbed onto the roof of the car, her fingers gripping the small ledge that was sticking out of the sides.

"Ritchie, turn up the volume!" John yelled into the car, and 'No Particular place To Go' by Chuck Berry started playing loudly, filling the air with that sweet Rock and Roll.

"John, I can't!" Rose spoke and looked up at him if he had heared her, scared. He knelt beside her, and grabbed her other hand, putting in on the roof.

"Yes, yes you can. I'll be right behind you" he said calmly, not letting the others hear. He then slowly lifted her up, so she was standing up like he had been. He then grabbed the roof himself, placing his hands next to hers, standing directly behind her. She almost didn't even notice, being too distracted by the exiting, but scary point of view.

"Now, let go of the roof" he spoke in her ear. She snapped her head back, and looked up at him in terror.

"What?!" she said so distraught that John couldn't help but laugh.

"Just do it. You can't fall, see?" He showed her that he was holding her in place, gently rocking back and forth. She seemed to understand that, and nodded slowly. "Alright"

She did it ever so slowly, but she did it. She first leaned against the roof of the car so she was steady, and then slowly removed her left hand from the truck. After that, the right one, and then she was standing on the back of a moving truck hands loose. She looked back at John and grinned widely, and suddenly yelled in exitement into the night.
"WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!"

John joined in, and soon Ringo did too, hanging out of the passenger window. Mal was now laughing too.

Because of that, he didn't see the small pothole ahead of them. The truck bumped into it and shook, making Rose's position unsteady, and she gave a small scream as she stumbled backwards.

She felt John gripping her waist tightly with one arm, while hanging on to the roof with the other, even though it seemed pretty uncomfortable. For a while they didn't say anything, until they suddenly heard Ringo yell "Jezus Mal! Watch the road would ya?!" which made them all laugh out of relief. Rose noticed that John was still holding on to her, and turned around to look up at him.

"Gotcha little birdy" he grinned at her.

"You caught me" she exhaled with a smile.

"Ofcourse, I promised didn't I?" he nudged her side and pushed her back against the roof of the car, still holding on with one hand. Then, out of nowhere, he planted a quick kiss on her lips, after which he smirked and spun her around again before she could comment.

"Now let's try that again" he said in her ear, now pressing closely against her and lifting her hands of the roof. "And don't go flying off again little bird"

What did you guys think of this format? I was asked if I would give the girl an actual name sometime, instead of just (Y/N), so I tried it out and thought it worked out pretty well!
Would you guys like more of these, or should I just stick with the old format?
Requests are always welcome!

-Rose🌹