"They already told him about this." The redhead said. "The attending physician called him immediately after I asked that he inform Dr. Lopez. He'll come to check in with me later. He says it's a good sign."

I just stood there trying to take in the information. I was broken from my reverie when a bandaged hand was offered in greeting.

"Architect Samantha O'Callaghan," the redhead made the introduction herself.

Before I could speak, Samuels spoke. "She's Penelope, Mrs. Selena Henderson's daughter." The words were hurried but forced from her mouth.

Her brow shot up as she shook my hand in turn, "Mrs. Henderson's?"

"A pleasure to meet you, Ms. O'Callaghan," I just held her hand carefully.

"I wish I could say 'it was nice to see you.'" She let go of my hand and gave me a genuine smile. "But, I believe we could have met at a better time and it would have been technically incorrect given that I couldn't see you clearly at the moment."

"Sam," Samuels put a hand on her shoulder.

The redhead only gave the hand on her a gentle squeeze. "So, what brought you here?" She continued.

You.

"I don't know if it's the appropriate time for this." I fidgeted. "My mother wanted you to come back and oversee the planning stage of the project."

"I already told you she can't!" Samuels cut in. "She's—"

"Leticia!" The redhead interrupted.

"I guess we have no choice but cancel the deal." My mother would be having my ass for this. "It's a no go then."

What else can I do? I can't force a blind woman to work.

Though I wondered how she managed to design for the headquarters in the first place.

I was about to leave when she called me back. "Wait!"

Dismay was painted all over her face and I immediately understood why that was there.

"Rest assured, your company will still get to work on the headquarters," I added to allay her fears.

"If you have no prior commitments, can I ask you to stay and let us talk this through?" Gone was the trace of the frail woman from before. The woman in front of me exuded confidence.

Frailty mixed in with strength.

She reminded me of someone I know.

I nodded forgetting that she couldn't see. Thinking that I don't agree, she asked again. "Will you, Ms. Hen—"

"Ms. Henderson." Samuels once again butted in. "Penelope Henderson agreed."

Henderson?

She knew my name in full but she purposely called me using a different surname.

What are you playing at, Samuels?

"Great. Thank you." Ms. O'Callaghan said. "Tisha, could you please get something to eat for lunch?"

"Lizzie could get us food." Samuels referred to the young woman. "I'll join you guys."

"No." The redhead said. "You two get us that food and leave us to talk in private."

"Sam..." Samuels sighed. "I am part of the team."

"I know." The redhead nodded. "But, I am your superior so do as I say." She was firm in her words but not degrading.

Samuel reluctantly acquiesced.

"Is there anything you prefer to eat, Ms. Penelope?" The redhead turned her attention back to me.

"I'll go with your choice," I said.

Considering the traffic and lunch hour struggle, she settled for whatever the nearest restaurants offered. She must already be so hungry.

And I was still thirsty. I never got to have that drink and add carrying her running towards the car.

My throat was parched.

Not minding my manners, I walked to the mini-fridge hoping to get lucky in finding it stacked with bottled water.

Yes!

I took one, opened it and drank. The muscles of my throat rejoiced as it was watered down.

That did it.

I am never letting myself go on without drinking water.

I almost choked when I heard her words before Samuels and the girl, Lizzie, left.

When the door closed and another bottle in hand, I stepped closer to the bed but I stayed out of her line of vision—observing her.

She said she wanted hot chocolate with rice crispies.

How could she like the same things my ex-girlfriend does?

How could two different people make me feel like they're one and the same?

Why do I see her in you?

"Pin," she started but stopped. My grip tightened on the bottle.

She also calls me as she did?