Chapter 57

Hellooo everyone :) I'm so much relieved now that my exams are over. Now i can finally sit down and write more for you all. Thank you all for waiting for this update. Hope you enjoy!

I didn’t realize when I fell asleep on the couch while crying. The next morning when I woke up, I found myself in my bedroom. I got up panicky. Luckily, Jake was not anywhere nearby. I saw a small note lying on the bed.

“Get dressed and meet me downstairs. A big surprise waiting for you.

Jake.”

That was weird. I quickly took a shower and slipped on a casual white dress with a pair of sneakers. As I went downstairs, Jake was sitting at the table, all dressed up.

“So where is it?” I asked him nervously. He rolled his eyes. “A bit impatient, aren’t we?” He tied a black ribbon around my eyes, blinding my vision. “It’ll be the biggest surprise of your life.” He whispered into my ear.

I was then escorted into the car and he began driving. “Where are we going?” I asked him, trying to take the blindfold off.

“Trust me.” He held my hand.

I decided it was useless to argue so I decided to keep mum. It was a really long drive, even though I could feel Jake was driving pretty fast. There was a strange aggression in his driving; he took really sharp turns, each time me falling either backward or hitting the dashboard. But his voice was still sugary and composed. He would occasionally use his free hand to brush through my hair or trace little circles down my back. I didn’t know what to make of it. It was really uncomfortable and I cringed to be even sitting next to him but I had no excuse. Having left with only four senses, I counted every passing second.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the car came to a stop. I didn’t even know what time of the day it was or how much time had passed.

“Are we there?” I asked him.

“Yeah, but don’t take your blindfold off. Not yet.”

He pulled me out of the car and spontaneously lifted me in his arms. Finally he lay me down on what seemed like a bed.

“Here, talk to someone special.” He put what apparently was a phone on my ear.

“Hello?” I muttered into the phone, confused.

“Katy? Katy??? Are you alright?”

I heard Jane’s alarmed voice from the other side of the phone.

“Jane? Oh my Gosh! Is it really you?” I felt overwhelmed with happiness.

“Yeah. Where are you right now Katy?” Jane was so serious it scared me. We were talking after such a long time yet she did not show any excitement or happiness.

“With Jake, I don’t really know where we are.” I laughed. I didn’t know how Jane would take this considering she wasn’t aware of my plan and everything, but having Jake breathing only a few inches away from me, I didn’t really have a choice.

“You need to get out of there.” She muttered.

“It’s alright Jane. You don’t know the whole deal yet. I’ll tell you everything later.”

“I SAID YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE!!!! NOW.” Jane was literally shouting on the other end.

I didn’t get why she was making such a big deal of it.

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

“Don’t you get it Katy? He knows. He knows about your plan. He told me everything.” Jane was crying.

Jake pulled the phone from my ear and switched on the speaker phone.

“Tell Alex I’m going to take my revenge from sweet Katy. And this time she isn’t going to make out alive. She’s someplace he could never imagine. Find her if you can. Bye sissy.” Jake disconnected the line and I felt frozen under the haunting silence.

What will happen to Katy now? Will she survive? Where has Jake taken Katy? Find out all this and more in the next update!

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }