Chapter 25

Harry remained glued to the chair beside me for the rest of the evening. He occasionally cracked jokes, played games and narrated incidents to curb boredom.

Finally, by the night, I was discharged. I rang Jane up to inform her.

“Hey, I’m discharged.”

“Great. I’ll come right away.”

“No, you and Tyler need to spend time together. Make up for whatever was lost. You wouldn’t even want to leave him alone for a second with Stacy around. I’ll go to the hotel for now and I’m leaving for home tomorrow. Harry already set me up for the ticket. Bye.”

“No way. Tyler feels so guilty for whatever happened. He wants you to have lunch with us. It’ll be a great way to get to know each other. Bring Harry along if you want. Bye. Take Care. Love you.” Jane hung up the phone.

I frowned.

“What happened?” Harry asked me, looking worried.

“Nothing. Jane wants us to have lunch with her and Tyler.” I didn’t mention how uncomfortable I had become lately around love birds.

“So, it’s a good thing, isn’t it?” He chuckled.

“You wish.”

The next morning I slipped on a white cocktail dress. As I descended the stairs, Harry was already waiting at the reception.

He let out a gasp.

“A bit too much?” I asked, nervously.

“No, it’s perfect.”

“Let’s get this over with.”

 I was relieved Jane had planned this lunch somewhere ordinary and not at Tyler’s mansion. It was good to have lunch normally with normal people for once.

As I saw Jane and Tyler at the table, it was a Jane I had not seen for a long time. She looked really happy, laughing, occasionally giving sweet kisses to Tyler. And she definitely had her fashion sense back on. I was glad to have her back.

Harry pulled the chair for me and we seated ourselves.

“Good to see you, Katy. I can’t tell how indebted I am to you.” Tyler said, shaking my hand.

“You don’t have to be so formal. You both are meant to be together.”

They both laughed in agreement.

“So let’s get you both ladies something to drink. Come, Harry. What would you like?” Tyler rose up, followed by Harry.

“Tequila.” Jane shouted with excitement.

We all looked at Jane with surprise.

“Really? Alcohol in the morning? Have red wine instead. I would like a green tea. Can’t have a hangover on top of everything else.”

They both walked off.

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }

SPOILER!! Something important might happen in the next chapter. You wouldn't want to miss it. :)