Chapter 53

I spent the evening decorating the terrace for a romantic date. That would be a good distraction for Jake. I couldn’t risk him knowing I had regained my memory; and knowing my old self, who was head over heels for him, that seemed the most likely thing the old Katy would do.

I didn’t want to have anything to do with Jake, but everytime I tried to find happiness, he came in the way. He needed to be taught a lesson. I needed to give him a taste of his own medicine. I just needed him to fess up his crime to the cops. I also knew that it was impossible. Jake had no inner conscience, nor did he care about anyone but himself. Thus the only option I was left with was to look for the gun with which he shot Alex down. That would be enough evidence to turn him in. So after getting everything ready, I scrambled through every corner of his room but the gun was nowhere. I also needed to find that contract where Alex had stated that he had withdrawn every claim from the Parker Empire and shred it to pieces. I was the reason he had lost all his wealth, and now that I knew he regretted it, I just needed to return it to him. Then I could go away and look for peace somewhere far, far away; where it would be difficult for even me to recognize myself in the crowd.

Meanwhile I heard his footsteps downstairs. I panicked, got on my feet and ran downstairs. I needed to divert him. The room was a complete mess. I didn’t want him to get suspicious.

I went and hugged him tightly.

“Where were you? I’ve been looking everywhere. I went shopping.” I winked and pointed at the Victoria’s Secret bag lying on the couch.

Jake understood my signals and smiled

He let out a gasp. “Girl, you look gorgeous.”

“Really? I’ve got another surprise for you.” I blind folded him.

As I tied the black piece of ribbon around his eyes, a part of me, no matter how insignificant, felt the sudden urge to destroy him with my bare hands. It was a suitable time, and he was defenseless. But the better inside me took over me immediately and I felt weak. What was I doing? I felt like I was betraying myself. This wasn’t me. What kind of a monster was I turning into? I had never felt so ashamed of myself. What if Jake had really changed?

“I’m sorry, I can’t do this.” I said, untying the ribbon.

“What happened?”

I brought his face closer to mine and looked him straight in the eye. “Jake, please be honest with me. Swear on our love and tell me have you ever lied to me?”

I waited for him patiently to fess up. If he had really changed, he would tell me the truth and I would leave him alone, unharmed. This was his last chance.

“Never ever, not even in my dream.” He pulled me even closer, his hands reaching for my hips.

What would YOU do? Do you think Jake deserves to be excused for all his sins? Or do you think justice needs to be served? 

\{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }