Chapter 74

Hope you had a great Sunday! :)

I decided to spend a couple of days back with Meg before returning to New York so I took a little detour. She was the only person who had the ability to fix me in such situations.

I knocked at the door.

“Oh my Gosh!” Meg almost squealed in excitement. She threw her arms around me and lifted me in the air like a little kid. “You’re here!!!!”

“Yes.” I managed to smile.

“Hi Katherine.” Brian called out awkwardly from inside. Brian was more of an introvert. Wow, she and Brian had finally moved in together and for a change, their relationship was going on smoothly.

They were having dinner. She pulled me inside and sat me down beside her. “I’ve missed you.” I hugged her again and a tear went down my cheek.

“Well, I’m done here. I’ll leave you girls to your chit-chat. Goodnight Katy. I’ll see you in the bedroom, Meg.” Meg blushed while Brian kissed her and went inside. I loved Brian. He was perfect for Meg. Meg had been so different since she met him.

“So how’s it going with Chris? I want all the details. Did you move in together too?” She winked.

“No” I tried to pull back the tears. “We broke up. I bumped into Alex and everything’s a mess. He doesn’t even love me.” I put my head in my hands.

“Well he’d be an idiot not to! Why did you break up Chris? He was hot, smoking hot.” Meg pouted and I couldn’t help but crackle into a laugh. For Meg, it was all about looks and hot body.

“So you and Brian are getting pretty serious?” I tried to distract Meg and it worked.

“Yeah. We’re so close. I’m even taking him to the Hamptons this Valentine’s Day to meet my parents and who knows what happens after that?”

“Don’t tell me you’re getting married! Whatever happened to the single girls club?” I teased her and she blushed.

“Oh Katy, why don’t you come with us to the Hamptons? It’ll be a nice change of air.”

My eyes literally popped out of the sockets. No way was I going to come between them. This was their moment. “I would if I could! I have a meeting at my new office. I’m new so I can’t be taking off.” I lied.

“Too bad. Wait, what’s that?” She pulled my sleeve back to reveal my scar from my suicide attempt.

I looked around nervously. Damn, she’s going to kill me. I’m in real trouble. Meg was really like an overprotective mother. “I had a moment of weakness. But Chris saved me. It wasn’t even serious.”

Meg freaked out. “And you thought of not telling me this? God I feel so awful leaving you all by yourself on your birthday.”