Chapter 39

Did you notice we are near to 25k reads? As a celebration, I’m going to do a dedication on my next chapter. Read till the end to find out more.

The next evening, when Alex returned, I decided to bring the topic up as I was folding his coat. Of course I knew he would never allow me to do such a job. Therefore I decided to bend the facts a little.

“Hey, you know a funny thing happened today. I was just going through the shops when I bumped into an old friend of mine. She’s working at this school and a spot just opened up for a primary teacher……”

My voice trailed off at his pained expression.

“Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to do it for the money. It’s just that I’m alone all day and we know no one so I get pretty bored in the house. And, I love kids so much. I thought it’d be a good way to get myself busy.”

Okay, I was lying. But what option did I have? We could have the landlord knocking at the door any day and the job wasn’t as indecent as it sounded. At least that was what I’d hoped.

“Are you sure this is not because of me?” Alex asked, doubtful.

“No way.” I kissed him.

Finally, after a lot of convincing, he agreed. He thought I was doing a noble job. And I promised him I wouldn’t use that money to pay the bills.

***************************************

I collected the uniform. It was a leather bikini top with hot pants and black pantyhose. I felt a bit weird but no other restaurant in town paid as much as this.

I lied to Alex that it was a night school. We had to spend nights apart now. My shift started an hour before he returned from work and ended in the morning. But those few minutes I got to spend with him made it all worthwhile. Night after night serving drinks, clearing up tables, and dealing with freaks was really exhausting but Alex was the only thing that made me go on.

Two weeks later, one night the manager called me.

“Katy, I need you to deliver the drinks up to room 101.”

A suite? I had never been appointed to serve in suites.

“Sir, that is Kelly’s floor. My duty is in the bar.” I asked, puzzled.

“You don’t tell me your duty. You either do it or leave. The client has specifically asked for you.”

He shoved a tray into my hands and pushed me in the corridor. This was getting way too weird. The tray had two champagne glasses and a bottle of red wine and it was covered with rose petals. I didn’t have the courage to question the manager so I quietly started walking towards the suite.

I pushed aside my doubts and knocked lightly.

“Come in.” A voice came. “I’ve been waiting for you.”

Who do you think this is? An old acquaintance or someone new? Comment your answers down below and the first one to give the right answer will get a dedication on the next chapter!

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }