Arguments

"Felix, stop poking at Changbin please" Chan sighed.
Felix pouted as he stopped annoying his team mates, it was his only entertainment while they were being tutored through the mission plan.

"Jeongin, you'll be staying here with Seungkwan on computers"

The maknae pouted. "But why?"

"Because you're the baby and we treasure you and we don't want you getting killed, got it?"

"But...that means you'll never let me go on a mission?"

"I mean not when you're this young...when you're older"

"And how long's that?"

"Enough you two! We need to go through this plan as quickly as possible and we don't need you two bickering. Got it?" Joshua said sternly. Silencing the two immediately.

Vernon didn't like how snappy Joshua was towards the younger team.

"You could go easier on them?" Vernon whispered, noticing Seonghceol's glare from afar. Joshua sighed.

"I'm worried, Vernon. If they're not focused and don't understand what they're supposed to do, anything could go wrong. Not just for them but for us as well"

"I understand that, but you need to be a little...softer with them?"

Joshua sighed for nth time that night. He didn't reply to his partner, instead he continued to listen to the leader ramble on.
Vernon wasn't having it.

"Don't ignore me Joshua"

"I have nothing to say to you" Joshua said gritted teeth, it was suddenly becoming heated between the two and their team mates started to get worried.

"You can't change my opinion or how I feel so back off" Joshua hissed. Mingyu held Vernon's shoulder in hopes that Vernon wouldn't fire back. Oh was he wrong.

"I'm not trying to change who you are, I'm just asking you to stop being an asshole to the rookies!"

Both leaders stopped talking. All eyes were on the angry couple.

"What did you just call me?!"

"You heard me right Joshua. I don't need to repeat myself-"

"Cool it off you two!" Seongcheol glared. "If you're going to continue like this I'll assign you with different partners. Which is a real shame since you two work best together on missions"

Joshua and Vernon turned away from each with furrowed brows. Tension was thick in the air and the rookies felt the most uncomfortable.

"They better get along during this mission or everything will fall to pieces" Seongcheol thought to himself.
————————
They didn't get along during the mission.

And the poor rookies were feeling more and more nervous as time went on.

Joshua and Vernon didn't speak a word to each other the entire time, and tension was flowing thick in the air. Seongcheol was getting sick of it.

Sick of the constant dirty looks and sighs.

"Would you two just kiss and make up already, you're scaring the kids!" Woozi hissed at the couple. This made Joshua flare a bright red with rage.

"You're asking for a death wish, shortie"

"What did you s-"

"Just ignore him Jihoon, don't start another fight" Seongcheol grunted, massaging his temples as he sighed.

Vernon felt more upset than angry, and he knew it was the other way round for Joshua. But the older did feel hurt towards the insult his boyfriend gave him, he's never been spoken to in that way by Hansol before.

It hurt even more when Seongcheol decided to split them up.

Vernon was paired up with Jisung, and he felt the need to protect the younger the whole time. It was scary.

Jisung nearly walked into traps several times, which were actually quite obvious to the human eye. Vernon swore he could've bad a heart attack then and there. Jisung could sense the worry through the back of his head.

"You need to be more careful Jisung! You could've died!"

"I'm sorry...I'll be more careful"

"No, no, don't apologise! You just need to remember what you trained to do and...be more careful"

Jisung nodded. The two walked down a long corridor and the younger soon enough broke the silence again.

"So...what's your relationship with the scary one?"

"Who? Joshua?"

"Yeah...him"

Vernon sighed. "We're very close, that's all. We just had a bit of a falling out"

Vernon could've said they were dating, but he worried that his words could've been heard by someone else. And whoever heard would use Joshua as a weakness. He certainly didn't want that.

Joshua heard his boyfriend through the ear piece though. And he certainly wasn't a mind reader.

He was very upset.

Felix and Seungmin were there when Joshua punched the wall beside him. It scared the living daylights out of them.

"Just...close?"