Stray Kids

"Jun! You've been on your phone for hours now you hypocrite!" Minghao poked at his boyfriend's side. Jun giggled at the ticklish feeling.

"Who're you texting?" Jeonghan smirked, "is it a boyfriend we don't know about?"
Minghao felt uneasiness in his stomach.

Jun chuckled, "no, it's Samuel. Remember him?"

Jeonghan's eyes lit up, "the small one who was supposed to team with us? Right?"

"The small one already teamed with us" Minghao laughed. Woozi squinted from afar.

"No, no. The youngest one-"

"That's Chan"

"He's very clever-"

"That's Joshua"

"No, I mean he's good with computers-"

"That's Seungkw-"

"MINGHAO!" Jun screamed. The whole room broke into fits of laughter as the couple glared at each other.

"I'm joking around Jun, relax..." Minghao huffed. Jeonghan felt the tension between the two and wondered off to wind up someone else.

Joshua was snuggling into Vernon on the couch opposite Minghao and Jun, they were falling asleep due to staying up so late. They agreed that earlier nights were a better idea.

Then Jeonghan brought out the spray bottle.

Seongcheol eyed the bottle in Jeonghan's hands and shook his head and hands at the younger. "Don't do it" he mouthed the words in fear.

Woozi walked up to Jeonghan and looked at him with puppy eyes, and took the bottle out of his hands while distracting him. Jeonghan felt defeated.

"But- but!"

"No" Seongcheol silenced him. "Leave them be"

"I was just aiming for Joshua but okay-"

"You were gonna do what?" Joshua said sternly with his eyes still closed. The older froze.

"N-nothing! Go back to sleep..."
————————
"We're teaming up with...rookies?" Wonwoo looked at the team of boys with disgust. They were all not much younger than Dino, but that made the older feel nervous.

Anything could go wrong if they weren't fully trained.

"Some are the same age as Dino...so they must be experienced enough" Seongcheol sighed. "Be nice, Wonwoo"

The younger boys felt very intimidated while looking up at team Seventeen. The young leader suddenly felt a surge of confidence.

"Hello, I'm Bang Chan. I'm the leader of my team..we won't get in your way I promise"

Seongcheol eyed Chan, who looked almost petrified. "This your first mission?"

"Well...yeah. Our boss held us back so many times cause he said we weren't ready. We were surprised when we could finally go out"

The older smiled down at him and placed an arm around his shoulder, "there's nothing to be scared about, this is what you trained for. We'll all keep an eye out for each other"

Chan nodded and smiled nervously.

Joshua wasn't very impressed.
—————————
"They're not ready, at all" Joshua said as he rummaged through his collection of weapons. Vernon sighed.

"They're just nervous cause this is their first mission. Their boss wouldn't have let them go out if they weren't ready"

As the couple were talking, two young boys peeped their head around the door.
Vernon immediately noticed their presence.

"Hi there, come on in. We can get you sorted with a weapon" Vernon smiled warmly. The two boys felt more relaxed around the older since he was being so friendly.

But when they caught Joshua's cold stare, their confidence went from 100 to 0 in a matter of seconds.

"Don't worry about him, that's just his resting face" Vernon smirked. Joshua glared.

"What are your names?"

"Oh...I-I'm Hyunjin. This is Lee Know"

Lee Know caught his hand on a blade and winced as it started bleeding. Joshua grunted at the younger and walked out. He walked back in seconds later with bandages.

"Stand still, you silly child" Joshua sighed. Lee Know nodded nervously. The older wrapped the bandages carefully around Lee Know's hand. Vernon was watching the two with a wide smile on his face.

"There, does that feel better?"

Lee Know nodded, "thank you..."

"Okay. Now I feel these blades would suit you two best since they're light and easier to throw and control. As for guns, go to Mingyu. Got it?"

Hyunjin and Lee Know scurried off, leaving Vernon and Joshua alone again. Vernon was still smiling.

"What are you smiling for?"

"You seem to be good with kids, Josh" he chuckled. Earning a small punch to the arm.

"Shut up"