Boredom

Jeonghan wiggled his legs in the air while sitting upside down on the couch. Vernon was trying his best to get into a book, just to pass the time. Joshua was sharpening more knives (as usual), and the others were falling asleep playing rock, paper, scissors.

"Ugh, I'm bored~" Jeonghan whined. "When will they be back?"

"How long is a piece of string Jeonghan?" Joshua didn't take his eyes off the blade as he spoke.

Jeonghan raised a brow "It can be any length?"

"Exactly. So Seongcheol and the others will come home at any length of time"

Vernon gave up with the book and slammed it on the ground. It caught everyone's attention immediately, and they all eyed his frustration.

"Sorry guys, it's just so boring"

"We know, Vernon, we know"

"Well" Jeonghan was now sitting the right way up, "why don't we have some fun then?"

"What is there to do, Jeonghan?" Woozi asked.

"We can sneak out?" he smirked. While Minghao, Mingyu and Dino seemed to like the idea, everyone else seemed unsure.

Joshua finally put he knife down and faced Jeonghan, "if we all in get into more trouble because of this, you'll be murdered by morning. Understand?"
And with that, Joshua rushed upstairs to grab some things for the trip.

Jeonghan gulped.

"Well, where could we go?" Minghao asked, everyone else shrugged. "We could go to Youngjae's place?" Mingyu suggested.

"Who's Youngjae?" Vernon asked, placing the stray book back in it's original place.

"He's a friend of ours, he's also part of a team like ours. Except it's six people instead of thirteen" Dino chuckled.

"Oh! We could contact Hyuk too?"

"Absolutely not!" Joshua shouted from the top of the stairs. "Unless you want our home to be torn to pieces"

"He's not that bad, Josh"

"He's the spawn of Satan himself, Dino. Let's just stick with Youngjae and Daehyun for the time being, they're a safe option"

"It's nice seeing you take part in the fun, Joshua"

Joshua rolled his eyes and made his way to the back door, and barged it open. Seongcheol really thought the punishment through if he left all the doors unlocked.

All seven boys were out in the street, it was surprisingly quiet for a Thursday night.

Vernon felt uneasy, so he gripped onto Jeonghan's arm. Jeonghan immediately got the message and allowed him to do so. Joshua looked behind him to see if everyone was present, also noticing Vernon being clingy.

He sighed and got a head start to Youngjae's house, smiling when he heard everyone else tripping over their feet to catch up. "Wait up Josh! You're moving to fast!"

"The faster we get there, the longer we stay"

—————————
Once everyone had reached the front door, Vernon realised every base has the same key pad and voice verification. But what's the passcode?

Joshua typed four numbers - 1004 into the key pad and a voice suddenly cracked through the speaker.

"Password?"