Chapter 7 ~ Water Woes.

Start from the beginning

Mimicking the kitchen it's appliances are looking rusty and dusty however after testing the water I'm relieved to see it come out clear.
Both the men walk us into the small space however I manage to convince Axel to leave to find us some towels, praying that there is a linen cupboard somewhere.

I stare down Rosik hoping to get my message through to him to leave but he's still remaining as stoic as ever.
I consider shoving him out myself but I'd rather not touch him.

I glance at Dana to find herself fixing her hair in the mirror and taking advantage of her distraction I mouth the words 'leave' to Rosik but all he does is grin.

Axel returns with a handful of clean looking towels and I quickly take them from him, nodding my head in thanks. As much as it kills me, being nice to them in a tight place is just the smart thing to do.

"Thanks. We've got it from here."
I mutter as I place one of the towels on the bottom of the shower.
Hoping that it will protect our feet from any serious diseases.

"Katie, I'd like my shirt." I pause for a moment completely forgetting about Rosiks shirt and as much as it repulses me it does keep me much warmer. Ignoring the bite from the cold I pull it off, my back facing the men and quickly glance down to find my hidden object still blending in with my hip.

"It's Katherine." I murmur when I finally turn and I throw it at Rosiks greedy face as he takes in my slightly dipped turquoise shirt.

Yesterday morning I felt nothing when putting this on but now I feel virtually naked and an odd feeling of shame washes over me.
This isn't appropriate to be seen in around these men.

Thankfully though Axels phone begins to ring and as much as I want to lunge at the metallic object I remain rooted, more concerned about them leaving us in peace.

Reading the number and sharing a meaningful look with Rosik they both exit the room and I'm quick to slam the door behind them.
Of course there is no lock but the plan is to have one of us at the door at all times.

To begin we both use the toilet, backs turned at each use and then we focus on the shower.
I turn the stiff handles until luke-warm water finally sprays over my outstretched hand.
I allow Dana to go first who is still sneaking glances at her reflection through the mirror.

Facing the door I remain standing and focus on the door handle, looking for any sign of intrusion.

I'm only standing there for a few minutes before I hear soft sniffing behind me, the water is doing a good job at blocking out most sound but Dana's soft cries pierce my soul.

Feeling my own eyes well with tears I decide to softly open the bathroom door and sit outside it.
Knowing that Dana would appreciate the privacy.

I drag my knees up to my chest as I sink down the door.
I press my face tightly against my knees and only allow a few tears to slip.
The shaking however is my bodies annoying habit and I can't seem to stop it no matter how tightly I clench the carpet beneath me.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I murmur and instead of screaming like I want to I instead pound my fists onto the carpeted floor, relieved that my slight outburst is muffled.

"What is stupid?" I gasp and sit up, my arms instantly going slack.
Sighing loudly I allow my head to hit the back of the door dramatically before answering.

"It's stupid the lack of privacy around here. Go away." I grit out, needing time to pull myself together again.
I just need space.

Rosik obviously doesn't appreciate my snappy response and wordlessly he stomps over next to my sitting form.
I go to stand wanting at least a chance to swing but before I can move Rosik sits down next to me, thumping his own head on the door in the process.