Chapter 66

"-and with that we are here!" Mettaton sang out as the automatic doors to Alphys's old lab swished open to reveal the darkened interior. You didn't care that it looked creepy. You didn't care that it didn't really have furniture in it. What you did care was that it had AC! With the last amount of strength you could muster, you literally dragged the robot idol into the building before collapsing in front of a nearby vent. Letting out a sigh of relief as your body was encased by sweet cold air. "Sorry, sweetheart. Hotland a little to hot for you?"

"I did NOT expect to see so much lava in my life." You rolled over so that your back was now facing the vent and Mettaton could see your hands. "I know that Asgore is pretty blunt when he names things but this was just ridiculous!" Sweat made your clothes stick to your body. You wanted nothing more than to take a shower. When you had taken the elevator from Asgore's castle to the Core, you thought that had been hot! After all, you were inside the giant machine that gave electricity to the entire Underground. That place alone could hold an entire civilization. It was then that Mettaton had told you that it was positioned in a giant pool of lava. So when you took the elevator from the Core to Hotland, you thought that was going to be the end of it.

Oh, how wrong you were.

Walkways were positioned throughout an entire area brimming with lava and the thing that you couldn't understand... was that there wasn't a single guard rail in sight. Anyone could be walking by and just fall straight into the lava. You may have clung a bit closer to Mettaton because of it and not just because of the monsters who seemed to appear out of the woodwork to attack you.

There had been a few monsters who showed up in the throne room not long after you both had settled down to rest for a bit. The sound of the blast had alerted the guards who had been standing watch, just in case a human had gotten in, and they left to evacuate the castle. Mettaton explained the situation as best he could while you kind of zoned out on the floor. Your mind still processing everything that had happened.

However, they weren't the ones who outright pulled you into a confrontation in an attempt to stop the 'rampaging human'. News of the cave-in traveled fast. Since you were to busy dodging while trying to keep Mettaton upright, that left the robot idol to explain to the other monsters that you were not a threat and to leave you alone. All in all, it had been a long trip fraught with blazing heat and unintentional enemies just to get to the lab. You were so done with today. This was not how this trip was supposed to go.

"Point taken. Though I'm personally surprised he didn't call it Lavaland. I mean sure its hot but it would have followed the way he named every other place down here. Ruins, Snowdin, Waterfall..." Mettaton mused as he moved slowly over to a nearby wheelie chair that had been left behind. Oh there was a God after all. Though he had a point. Every other place was named with the things that it had the most of or at least you assumed. You knew for a fact that Snowdin was filled with snow so Waterfall probably had a lot of waterfalls in it. Why did Asgore switch up his naming when it came to Hotland? Did someone call him out on his bad naming prowess?

You rolled over so that you were facing the vent and pulled out you phone. Miraculously, it hadn't melted in the sweltering heat. Though you almost dropped it when it began to vibrate nonstop for at least 5 minutes straight.

Yep, you had service in here.

Mettaton wheeled himself over. Careful not to run you or your hair over with one of the wheels. "My my! You seem to be very popular, gorgeous."

No kidding. Once the vibrating stopped you looked to see that you had over 100 new messages and 30 missed calls. All from your monster friends. Most from Burgerpants, Sans, and Alphys. You looked through a few of them but you didn't need to read them all. They all were talking about the same thing. "It seems that they know about the cave-in already though not what caused it." You signed to Mettaton before bringing up Sans's contact information. Calling Alphys would have been beneficial too but Sans could teleport her here to take care of Mettaton. It wasn't like you could do to much for the robot idol yourself... at least not without possibly making things worse. You hit the button and the skeleton picks up immediately.