Chapter 13

You fell onto your couch with enough force to send the pillows flying into the air. Finally. You were done. After getting home a couple days ago from Germany, you finally finished unpacking everything from the trip. Clean clothes were put away, your dirty ones were already in the washer, toiletries were back in the correct spot.... The only thing left was the violin.

Your eyes wandered over to the instrument case that was propped up against the arm of the couch. A warm feeling forming in your heart, bringing a smile to your lips. The night you had got that violin from Mettaton, you had set to work getting it prepped to play. Using the rosin on the bow, checking the strings, then tuning it immediately after. You hadn't gotten much sleep after that. Instead you had played whatever came to your mind for as long as you could, while Mettaton listened with his eyes closed on your bed. It wasn't until Alphys came to get you up that you stopped playing the thing.

From then on the trip seemed to fly by. You were shooting most of the day and when you weren't you were sight seeing with your friends. Even though you knew it was supposed to be work, it didn't feel like it once! The whole thing felt like a month long vacation! It was only when you had to go to that hospital for a check up did you want to just come home. But even that hadn't been that bad. Like Mettaton had said, you didn't go alone. Everyone had come along to support you.

However, the doctor who looked you over didn't have any of your old medical history. So he did what he could, which wasn't really in depth, but he had said you would be fine. A welcome relief to you and all of your monster friends. Other than the snowstorm and the doctor visit, there wasn't really any bad things that happened.

Undyne ended up winning a local arm wrestling competition with ease. Papyrus had gotten lost in the city one time and when you found him he was helping a lost child find his mother. The family was happily reunited without any issues. You would have thought Mettaton would have had some more risky adventures with him being a renowned idol but that wasn't the case. He and Sans didn't travel to far from your side after the accident. Which was nice but you didn't need them as your personal heart guards 24/7.

There just was no need for it.

Pulling yourself out of your reminiscing, you look at the land line phone, on the table near your head . The bright red number 30 flashing on it. Thirty unheard messages. If they had the time to call then why didn't they just text you? It's not like your number had changed. With a groan you hit the replay button and the first message begins to play.

"Hi, baby! This is your Grandmother! Just calling to wish you a happy birthday! Call me bac- I-I mean contact me when-"

You cut the message off by hitting the next button. Making a mental note to text her back later.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, (Y/N)! I HOPE IT WAS AWESOME! Sorry I couldn't stop by-"

With another press of the button, you cut off the message and the next began to play.

"Hey there! Sorry for the belated birthday wishes but I have a ques-"

Silently growling, you just hit the stop button and the messages stopped their replay. Your friends and family knew you had a cellphone. Why had they not texted it to you? It was easier that way because you could even respond back! Unlike a phone call. Yes, it is the thought that counts but common sense does as well. They had done this just so they could avoid an awkward conversation with you and it hurt. A lot.

Not wanting to give into the bad mood that was creeping up your back, you grab the violin case and snap it open. With practiced movements, you pick up the violin, sliding the bow across the strings with ease. As a pleasant melody hummed out, a contented sigh escaped you. There was nothing like venting your emotions through music. So that's what you did. Playing your heart out on the vibrating strings.