Chapter 25

A numbing pain seemed to slowly creep up your entire body starting from where your heart was. It started out small. Insignificant. Something you could easily ignore but it continued to grow until it was starting to get uncomfortable. You had continued to ignore it because you wanted to remain still. Asleep. Because your body was so tired that it would take all your strength to even lift your pinky but now the pain was starting to get to uncomfortable to ignore.

Your eyes cracked open and blearily tried to take in your surroundings as they adjusted to the dim brightness of your hospital room. Actually... was this your hospital room? Once the room came into focus, several new large machines filled the small space that would normally be for visitors and doctors. The curtain that had originally pardoned off your side of the room was shoved against the wall as far as it could be to make room for all of the new additions. When did all of this get here? How long have you been out?

At that moment, the pain that your body was in decided to remind you that it was still there and you winced. Several tubes and things, that you were hooked up to, shook gently under the small force you had applied. A silent sigh escaped your lips. You probably looked more machine than human by now due to all of the stuff you were hooked up too. Deciding to ignore that thought and look around for the button to call a nurse about the pain, you finally realized that you weren't alone in your room.

Mettaton, Sans, and Alphys were surrounding your bed. Sans was by your feet, Alphys on your left, and Mettaton was on your right. Their faces were all looking at each other and, judging by the tones of their voices, they were in some kind of argument.

"Listen.. we have no idea when the kiddo will wake up and we are on borrowed time as it is." Sans's baritone voice rose above the other two. "If we don't do this now she could die at anytime."

"She could die in the very beginning before we even start if she isn't awake!" Alphys's nasally voice was a tad bit more higher pitched than normal. "A normal human's SOUL isn't this fragile. If this was someone else then we could easily have done the procedure already but this isn't the case! If we do this now, without her knowing, we may as well be signing her life away right now."

"Is that why you had the nurse take the pain medication off?" Mettaton's sultry voice crept into the conversation and it sounded more calm than he appeared to be. The three of them looked ragged. Sans looked even more disheveled than normal and he had even darker lines under his eye sockets. Alphys's clothes were a wrinkled mess with her glasses sitting crooked on her yellow snout. Mettaton's hair was sticking up in all kinds of places. As though he had slept in and hadn't bothered to deal with the bed head when he got up. Just how long have the three of them been here?

You watched as Alphys nodded her bright yellow head at Mettaton's statement. "I-I'm hoping that it will get so uncomfortable that she wakes up... but if she doesn't, after a little bit, we'll put her back on it." Her head drooped and looked at the floor. Not noticing that her plan had worked and you were awake. "I don't want her to suffer needlessly."

Sans's exasperated sigh had the other two monsters looking in his direction. "If you didn't want her to suffer needlessly then we should have started by now." Sans was looking directly at Alphys as he said it and the two seemed to start a glaring contest with each other. Neither of them saying anything but neither of them were backing down either. This wasn't good... You didn't want them fighting over you. It was obvious that everyone here was extremely tired and stress always followed when that happens. You tried to move your hand but you could barely even make the muscles twitch. Great. Your body was currently useless. Not wanting to see them fight and not having the ability to stop it, you slowly turned your head away towards Mettaton so that you didn't have to watch.