Chapter 39

Bored.

Bored.

BORED.

Swinging your legs as you sat atop a stainless steel lab table, you silently grumbled to yourself. Purposely ignoring the human scientists as they milled about in the hallway. Some continued to stare through the lab windows despite the fact that you had sent them countless glares already. Rude. To them, you were something of an enigma. The human who should have died but instead is getting better through SOUL treatments. If only you hadn't of run out of the SOUL shake that the yellow monster had made for you. Well, it was a supplement but that's what you had decided to call the weird concoction. It was like one of those breakfast shakes that were full of nutrients only for your SOUL instead of your body. Alphys designed it so that she wouldn't have to get so invasive if you had a deficiency for some reason. It was sweet but you were still in the experimental period to see if it even worked.

This lab was the one where Alphys worked at the university that she also taught at instead of the one that doubled as her home. The campus was massive and the science department was full of head honchos and big wigs in their designated fields. Only the best of the best could work here and Alphys had definitely made a name for herself. Especially with the SOUL experiments. Making you her prize subject. But even with all that in mind, the staring was still very rude. All of your earlier excitement snuffed out after you had been hounded about what it felt like and if you could feel the cracks in your SOUL. It was none of their business but that hadn't stopped them. Now you just wanted to get your next batch of SOUL shake and go home.

Maybe take a shower for a while. A long shower. Some of the penetrating stares of the scientists made you feel very uneasy. It felt like they were undressing you to see how you ticked. It was kind of unnerving.

Currently, Alphys was talking to a couple of her students in her office so you were waiting for her to finish up. It didn't help that she was taking forever. You've been here long enough that the cool metal had warmed up with you sitting on it.

Slouching forward as your eyes scan the robotics lab that had parts and pieces scattered everywhere due to various projects, you almost fall off the counter you were sitting on when a certain stout skeleton walks into the lab holding a stack of papers and a clipboard.

Sans doesn't notice your presence. He's wearing his normal t-shirt and shorts under a crisp white lab coat. The long sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. The pink slippers that he normally wore were replaced with some semi-nice converse. Laces tied. But that wasn't what almost had you falling from your perch. He actually looked rather nice in sciencey attire. It suits him rather well.

It was the glasses.

He was wearing glasses and they were TAPED to the sides of his skull.

You had to hold back silent giggles as you watched him peek into Alphys's office window only to wait outside of it. He tapped his foot on the floor and you slowly slid onto the tile. Dropping low out of his line of sight, if he had decided to look your way. He hadn't.

Creeping around the long tables while avoiding wires and other equipment, you peered around the corner with your target still looking at Alphys's door. Perfect. Time to get a little revenge. Arching your back, you launch yourself at the skeleton taking him entirely by surprise. Your arms wrapped around his shoulders as he jumped. Trapping the skeleton in your arms. The clipboard and papers falling to the floor.

Before you can even register it, you were suddenly floating close to the ceiling with your SOUL surrounded by a familiar blue magic. All the amusement on your face at having scared your skelefriend dissipated when you saw the look on his skull. It was there only for a moment but you definitely saw a look of true fear. Like you may have actually tried to kill him. As soon as it registered, it was gone once Sans noticed who he had caught up in his magic.