Chapter 61

I'm going to alternate the halloween chapters, normal, and underswap until the two side stories are done. Soooooo it's basically whichever I finish first ^ ^; Anyway enjoy! :D

~~~~~

"well, it looks like that turned out alright. s'good to know that i didn't have to dunk on the shiny tin can."

You arched your eyebrow at your best friend as he went about mixing things and doing equations for the experiment he was running in front of you. Alphys was in the other lab teaching her class and if you listened closely, you could hear her speak through the rather dense walls of the university. Knowing full well that the skeleton wouldn't have done anything to Mettaton without being 100% sure with you first. "You? Dunking on someone? Since when did the lazybones get so proactive?" Your fingers danced across the mac laptop before hitting the play button so that the computer could speak for you. It's robot voice was even worse than the one that your phone app used which made it a lot more fun to play with.

The skeleton chuckled at the robotic voice before slowly turning his skull to give you a side glance. "true. but this bag o' bones is known to step up when need be. i got yo back fam." Towards the end of the sentence, he turned to you fully while moving to hit his chest two times with his fist then flashed you the peace sign. The entire gesture sending you into a small silent giggle fit.

"Where on earth did you learn that?" Your hands flowing with the sign language as soon as you were able. Though to be honest, you had a small idea. Countless popular movies and TV shows have that gesture put into it. Especially if it was within the last 40 years. It wouldn't surprise you if a few hadn't made their way into the dump underground.

Sans simply shrugged. "i don't know. must've picked it up along the way. though i think frisk had somethin to do with it." That didn't surprise you in the least. You learned rather fast that the small ambassador loved teaching urban trends to their monster friends. Whether it was common hand gestures like the peace sign to a rather long explanation about the popularity of fidget spinners, they were more than happy to help their friends acclimate to the odd social trends of humans. Some grasping it a bit better than others. With that said, Sans turned back to the white board and wrote out a complicated algorithm that you doubt you would have any idea in deciphering. "mmmm... this might do the trick..."

"Y'know, you never did explain why you wanted me at the university today other than it was something magic related." The lovely mac said for you after you typed it out. No point in getting him to constantly turn around when you could play with an electronic voice. "Natalie really wanted to come over and meet you guys. After all, she has only met your brother and Mettaton." Which was pretty good since Mettaton was one of the hardest of the monsters to meet due to his insane schedule anyway but still. You really wanted your new human friends to meet your monster ones. They would probably get along rather well.

"this should work..." the skeleton mumbled to himself before heading away from the whiteboard and down to the table that was filled with all the glass sciency doodads, that would put Dr. Frankenstein's lab to shame, on it. He picked up a glowing vial and set to work while answering your question. "well, i figured it would be a good idea to have you spend the day learning how to control your magic while we waited to see if there would be any immediate side effects from the changed SOUL shake formula i'm working on. with that being said... so... buddy...did you have to bring the fish with you?" he nodded his skull to the fish bowl that was sitting next to you on the desk with all of the babies swimming happily in their temporary new home.

That's kind of what you figured would happen today. So you brought them along to have them checked out. Despite the fact that they were hit with a rather large dose of human magic, they appeared to be just fine but you weren't about to put the lives of the little darlings at risk just because they appeared fine. That was a common problem with most humans. If it looked fine then you could ignore it until it becomes a problem.