Chapter 38

I don't remember if I explained why there wasn't a chapter on Monday or not but here it is. Basically, I didn't have time to write to with all the holiday stuff going on so instead of a Mettaton Monday... you all got a Mettaton Christmas :D

~~~~~~

One. Two. Three. Four. Step left. Twirl. Then-

"ACHOO!"

You practically jumped out of your skin at the loud sound that had broken your concentration. It didn't help the fact that you were nailing the moves too, while playing a violin. This was the best you have done thus far so you were kind of ticked that something broke your rhythm. Whirling your head to the culprit, you sent a glare to the orange cat monster who was now blowing his nose into a cloth handkerchief. Arching an eyebrow at him as you patiently waited for him to notice you over the music.

He put the handkerchief in his pocket before he noticed your stern gaze on him. Pressing a button on the remote in his hand, the music came to a stop and silence descended upon the dance studio. "Ahh... sorry about that. You were doing a really good job-eeeaaahhhh-CHOO!" BP quickly covered his mouth to muffle the sneeze but now your agitation melted away into concern.

"Are you okay...?" You signed to the monster, once he was looking at you again, while taking some steps forward so that you could get a better look. Now that you were up close, the poor guy looked tired. There were deep bags under his eyes and he didn't seem to have the unearthly energetic aura around him that he normally did. Even his odd facial features that he makes were toned down drastically. Something, clearly, wasn't right. How had you not noticed this when Mettaton had sent BP for you to practice with for today?

The cat monster just waved his hand at you dismissively. "Don't worry about it. Someone is probably just talking bad about me... or something."

"You've been hanging around Alphys too much. Pretty sure that isn't how it works. This isn't an anime." You called his bluff even as he gave you a look that begged you to drop the subject. "You're sick, aren't you?"

"What? No... I'm in purrfect health." BP said with clear annunciation on the pun. His attempt at a distraction rather was obvious. However, you didn't take the bait.

At least not the way that he had intended. "You're kitten me. You look paw-sitively claw-ful!"

"Oh lord, no." BP brought his hand up to his face as he realized the beast that he had just unleashed. Now he was trying to find a way out. "Look I'm calling this practice session to an end. You are much further than we both anticipated. Why not have a relaxing day, eh little buddy?" He gave you a smile that said 'I'm done with this conversation.' and made his way out of the dance studio. Your gaze narrowed at his back.

Oh hell, no. That cat monster wasn't going to escape you that easily. If he was really sick, then he needed to take a break for a bit. It didn't matter that he may have a ton of work to do for the studio. The place would survive one day without him.

Well... Probably.

Maybe.

More than likely.

Summoning all of your ninja-like abilities, you tailed BP. Making sure to keep a close eye on the cat monster as he went about his day while ignoring the strange looks that your coworkers were giving you on occasion. As the day goes on, he appeared to get worse. He was very sick though. BP hadn't called you out on following him since you started. The cat monster was good at knowing something was up. So the fact that he hadn't stopped you yet was alarming. His senses had to be messed up from whatever was going on. It was obvious from his quick escape attempt that he didn't want you interfering.